Handi Rifle bore polishing?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

jimmyjames4900

Handi Rifle bore polishing?

Post by jimmyjames4900 »

New to handi rifles, it's a factory AAC H&R handi rifle. After I fire the shot I darn near have to use pliers to remove spent shell. Is this normal until it wears some or should I look at polishing the chamber some? I have hear that the 300 blackout will not spit out the shell like an over under shotgun, but I would not expect to have to use pliers.

Any suggestions?
300BLK Handi Rifle
300BLK 8.2 Noveske Barrel, Larue SBR
AAC 300SD
osprey 45
Whole Bunches
Silent But Deadly

Re: Handi Rifle bore polishing?

Post by Whole Bunches »

Where are located? Maybe near another member. Can you post a pic of one of your fired cases so we can look?

Brass comes out of my Handi easily unless I go too high in powder charge.
jimmyjames4900

Post by jimmyjames4900 »

Located in Angleton Texas 77515

I only have factory loaded ammo for time being. I will take it to the range tomorrow and take pictures of the brass.

Thanks,
Jimmyjames
300BLK Handi Rifle
300BLK 8.2 Noveske Barrel, Larue SBR
AAC 300SD
osprey 45
pvanwagner
Silent But Deadly

Post by pvanwagner »

The first few shots in my Handi Rifle didn't extract at first either. The chamber seems to need just a little breaking in, but I wouldn't recommend polishing or reaming it. The brass stuck in the chamber in my rifle with the first shot so I set the rifle down to go get a cleaning rod to push it out, but when I returned and the chamber & brass had cooled it was easy to remove by closing the action and reopening the action. I never had to push or pry brass out. The next few rounds did the same, but by waiting a minute and then closing the action when reopened the brass would extract. I now have no problem with my Handi Rifle and all rounds extract on the first try. I've seen a couple stick on demo rifles since then and by closing the action completely and reopening the brass extracts easily.

Did you clean your chamber first before shooting it? If it has not been cleaned thoroughly yet I would recommend a couple of passes with a chamber brush and then patch cleaning it good to remove all oils from the chamber.

How many rounds have you fired through it?

You said factory ammo - Remington subsonic or supersonic?

I'll try and help you out with this issue, but all warranty work on Handi Rifles is handles by H&R through their website warranty request: http://www.hr1871.com/Support/repairs.asp and http://www.hr1871.com/warranty/ This includes the Handi-Rifle AAC model.

Thanks.

Paul.