Purpose built SBR/Silencer combo

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

ponzer04
Silent Operator

Purpose built SBR/Silencer combo

Post by ponzer04 »

So, probing around- I own a Spike's Tactical Compressor and am curious about other combo packages out there.

1. Spike's Tactical Compressor https://www.spikestactical.com/products ... compressor billet= $3099 (I paid $2600) could cheap out and do forged for $2439 these are for the short can not long that would be $300 ish more and more. I may be very biased towards this one. It is very feature rich and sub MOA and built like a tank. Barely hearing safe with the short silencer (I bought the long end cap which takes it down just a simidge more). This is the only one to come with sights. Ambi, sling attachment, sling attach at rear, heat shield unsee can, ect. It is a heavier beast but very solid. Aesthetically, there are a lot of tiny details that I feel add value.

2. Q- Honey Badger https://liveqordie.com/products/honey-badger-by-q $2599. Very light, very small and, comparing to the compressor with the short can, I assume quieter. From the reviews, and the fact that they all seem to love it but skirt the issue of accuracy and claim it to be "cqb" oriented, I guess it to be above 1 moa but less than 3 moa. If you want quiet and close and light I say this option. Less than the DD-isr by $245 after stamps. Aesthetically, this one has a very attractive and distincture look.

3.Daniel Defense ISR https://danieldefense.com/firearms/cali ... e-isr.html $3044 a one stamp kit among the few reviews I get the impression that it is finicky and not too accurate.

4. LMT CSW https://lmtdefense.com/firearms/csw $3999 The two videos I watched, from the company's words, give the impression that it is the least quiet on my list.

Wild card. Liberty Suppressors Leonidas https://libertycans.net/leonidas/ $1723 for the upper. One stamp. I know nothing about this but youtube star Hank Strange talks his up.

How would you people rate these? Are there others out there, are they better, cheaper?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EDIT TO ELABORATE AND ADD AN OPTION THAT WAS BROUGHT UP IN THE THREAD.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By "purpose built", I mean combos made together or for eachother, but options that are sold separately but go together like lamb and tuna fish would work too.

5. Noveske Gen III NSD
I don't know much about it, so I will add the link: https://www.noveske.com/collections/rifles/products/nsd

***December 8, 2018***
Sig Sauer just announced a new upper for their MCX rifles and an adapter for AR's. Here is the only info I found so far.
https://youtu.be/PJ5jOZ3CYOI
John A. you better look out they say it is the quietest out there, did they steal your stuff??? Just looking out.
Last edited by ponzer04 on Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Re: Purpose built SBR/Silencer combo

Post by golfindia »

Leonidas is arguably the best commercial 300blk suppressor design out there.
ponzer04
Silent Operator

Post by ponzer04 »

golfindia wrote:Leonidas is arguably the best commercial 300blk suppressor design out there.
Well argue it.

It looks like it would get hot fast.
Is it sub moa? Ect
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

It depends on your purposes, of the ones you posted links to the Spikes and the Leonidas would be the two most likely to be sub MOA out of the box.

Any of them can be, but the Spikes is the only one that comes with a decent stock for accuracy work. The Leonidas upper would depend on the lower it's attached to.

Mostly it will depend on your handloads, because no one that I am aware of is making ammo commercially that will meet that goal time after time.

I'm not saying any of those won't be MOA rifles, but 90% of the people that buy them won't have the ability to make it happen every time they go out, due to no fault of the rifle.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

ponzer04 wrote:
golfindia wrote:Leonidas is arguably the best commercial 300blk suppressor design out there.
Well argue it.

Is it sub moa? Ect
I don't really care enough to spend energy arguing about it....

Witt Machine and gemtech also have some interesting 300blk integral offerings. I'm not sure if that is what you mean by "purpose built". I would pick the gemtec last, just because of they use a 10.5" barrel.

My ideal "purpose built" model would be this guy:

http://redirect.viglink.com/?key=c1cdf2 ... nse-video/

Reflex version of CZ scorpion Evo. ...
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Looks like you have several chosen that you like.

Pick one. That's ultimately what you are going to have to do in the end anyway.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

My answer would be none of the above. The only advantage for a rifle is that you only have to get one stamp instead of possibly two. An integrally suppressed pistol is just stupid.

The big disadvantages are that you're stuck with that single configuration and can't use the suppressor on other weapons. Personally, I've been through half a dozen 300 BLK barrels in various lengths and use my 30 cal suppressor on multiple rifles. Can't imagine paying a premium to be stuck in a single configuration with a single purpose suppressor.

Another disadvantage is that you can't test bullet stability before shooting suppressed.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Many 1 stamp integrals allow you to remove the baffles (or monocore stack) from the front for cleaning.

If you can remove them for cleaning, you can test for bullet stability with the stack removed. The outer tube would still be attached and should make the gun legal length even without the stack.

I have a couple of guns that are integrally suppressed. Being purpose built, they are generally a lot more quiet than their counterparts.

Of course, like you, I like to also have detachable cans to move around. But I can't say that is always true either.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
ponzer04
Silent Operator

Post by ponzer04 »

golfindia wrote:
ponzer04 wrote:
Well argue it.

Is it sub moa? Ect
I don't really care enough to spend energy arguing about it....

Witt Machine and gemtech also have some interesting 300blk integral offerings. I'm not sure if that is what you mean by "purpose built". I would pick the gemtec last, just because of they use a 10.5" barrel.

My ideal "purpose built" model would be this guy:

http://redirect.viglink.com/?key=c1cdf2 ... nse-video/

Reflex version of CZ scorpion Evo. ...
So you choose 9mm overy 300blk? Why?

I was hoping for this to get fun?

Why can't you play along? Not even a sentence on why you say Leonidas? That just sounds fanboy"y". Or why the other option are better. Are the more economical? Quality? Accuracy? Quiet?
ponzer04
Silent Operator

Post by ponzer04 »

John A. wrote:Looks like you have several chosen that you like.

Pick one. That's ultimately what you are going to have to do in the end anyway.
So here we are on a Forum to help with decisions like this and you say just roll the dice, they are all the same dispite vey much not being the same.

I did pick one and I stated that. I bought the Spike's Tactical Compressor years ago. I still say it was the best choice then. I am asking if it is still the BEST, what else is out there? In other opinions was the Spike's never the best choice?

Choosing today I would probably go Honey Badger: I am pretty sure it is quieter than the spikes, as short, lighter, and currently costs less if you stick to billet.

What are opinions as to why one option is beter than the other?

If someone else was looking today for this concept which would you choose and why?
Last edited by ponzer04 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.