how bad did i screw myself

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

joe300

Re: how bad did i screw myself

Post by joe300 »

sorry to resurrect such a old thread but I thought that you folks would like to know that I received my stamp and picked up my suppressor today. I guess there are people in the government that are actually here to help. :lol:
Sig220
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sig220 »

joe300 wrote:sorry to resurrect such a old thread but I thought that you folks would like to know that I received my stamp and picked up my suppressor today. I guess there are people in the government that are actually here to help. :lol:
I am glad you came back to give us an update!!

That it was such a good result is icing on the cake! Glad it all worked out for you!
g22rmr
Silent But Deadly

Post by g22rmr »

Yea thanks for the update! Always good to read a story all the way through to conclusion.
GSO
Silent But Deadly

Post by GSO »

Great update!

My experience with the NFA Branch both as a consumer and SOT (since Dec 2015) has been very positive. Everyone I've talked to has shown a genuine interest in getting their job done efficiently and helping with problems.

As far as copies of the Trust... I got a request about 6 months ago to help the widow of a former gun club member try to track down the trust and Form 4 for a transferable M16 that her late husband owned. After his passing, there was a house fire and much was destroyed, but the M16 was apparently in his truck (odd!) and survived. She had no paperwork on it though. The NFA Branch told me how she should apply for a certified copy of the Form 4, but said that they destroy the paper copies of trusts when the Form 4 (or Form 1) is approved. I'm surprised they don't scan them and file them electronically, but they recommended she contact their lawyer to see if he had a copy. A few weeks later she managed to find an electronic copy on one of their computers, so it worked out. A good lesson on having backup copies of all the important documents and making sure everyone knows where they are stored.
I don't collect firearms; they just accumulate...

"Be Prepared" - My motto from an early age.

Greg
joe300

Post by joe300 »

I was totally shocked when my dealer called and said my stamp has shown up. every dealing I have had with the NFA branch has been really good and it seems like the are willing to solve and overcome situations to help. amazing who would have thought.
Krisw

Post by Krisw »

Bumping this thread, for the same reason. I was in a hurry the day I mailed off my form 4 for my sbr. After I mailed it, I began to wonder if I included my trust. I am pretty sure I didn't. I called earlier this week and the guy I talked to told me I would have to wait until it was rejected. The form 4 I got back last month was sent back for an illegible signature, but it didn't really delay it.

Will I simply be able to send the trust to the atf when the start to review it and be good? What email address would I need to contact to see if I can go ahead and email it or send it through the post office? The check was cashed the other day.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

Greecwith your assessment of ATF. One gal sounded good enough to try and hit on but allas, or auushucks i am married.
joe300

Post by joe300 »

They will send you a examiners request to send in anything that may be missing for them to complete the transaction. Since this incident I have forgotten fingerprint cards, overall length on a form 1, stuff like that. Just let it ride and they will send you a letter of what they need. That’s been my expierence.