help me pic a 300 blk pistol barrel

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

BCOWANWHEELS

help me pic a 300 blk pistol barrel

Post by BCOWANWHEELS »

all this is so confuseing. would someone help me pic a mfg,barrel length , gas system and twist rate for a 300 blk pistol barrel ? I have 0 experience with 300blk and ar pistols. I plan on shooting suppressed and non-suppressed super sonic rounds also. my budget is low to middle of the road. thanks so much.
bob
I BELIEVE IN "JOHN 3:16" FOR ALMOST 50 YRS NOW. NEVER REGRETTED A SECOND OF IT !
RAINS
Silent But Deadly

Re: help me pic a 300 blk pistol barrel

Post by RAINS »

A 9' pistol-length gas tube barrel is what you want. They seem to work best with subs/supers suppressed or not. You can get a few extra FPS (super sonic) out of a 10'-12.5ish' barrel or a little more compact with a 8' barrel. Still 9' seems to be the way to go. As far as brands I hear good things about AAC's 9's barrels. I'm sure folks with other brand barrels will chime in and help you out. For the record my little pdw pistol .300blk sports an 8' CMMG barrel and runs great subs/supers with no can. I get less mussel blast and flash than a 18' .223!

R
BCOWANWHEELS

Post by BCOWANWHEELS »

thanks appreciated
I BELIEVE IN "JOHN 3:16" FOR ALMOST 50 YRS NOW. NEVER REGRETTED A SECOND OF IT !
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

9" pistol gas with 1:7 twist...several mfgs are good...i have an AAC and a KAK Mr. Blonde...like em both...
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
BCOWANWHEELS

Post by BCOWANWHEELS »

well been net shopping all evening and heres what I bought. no it isn't top shelf but neither is my wallet. I got Anderson rifles parts which have lifetime guarantee !

10.5 barrel,1/8 twist,parkerized,300 blk,pistol gas- $90.00 (If it don't run I can always cut it down to 8-9 " )
milspec 6 position buffer tube kit minus stock- $27.00 ( I,ll mill off the 6 position part or deal with it in other ways to be legal )
pistol gas tube - $8.50
total delivered was $137.10

hope I didn't mess up,i figured with a lifetime warranty if it doesn't run they,ll make it right. I looked at sota also but they have a bunch of bad reviews so I got scared. now for a floating front end, smith vortex flash hider, sights, magpul afg.

I,ll post up a review when it all gets here.
THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL OF YOU FOLKS HELP.
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

BCOWANWHEELS wrote:well been net shopping all evening and heres what I bought. no it isn't top shelf but neither is my wallet. I got Anderson rifles parts which have lifetime guarantee !

milspec 6 position buffer tube kit minus stock- $27.00 ( I,ll mill off the 6 position part or deal with it in other ways to be legal )
The easier way to deal with it is to purchase a pistol buffer tube, IMHO... KAK industries has them starting at $20 or so...
Badfinger
Silent But Deadly

Post by Badfinger »

+1 KAK Mr. Blonde
BCOWANWHEELS

Post by BCOWANWHEELS »

do you fellas run a krink style break on your 300 blk pistols
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

I don't because i have a QD suppressor, and use muzzle-devices that work with the suppressor...
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
BCOWANWHEELS

Post by BCOWANWHEELS »

I just bought the mas (krink style) muzzle brake. it was 41.00 delivered. its the lightest on the market. hope I didn't mess up again.............