Drop in Triggers

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

MH53Gunner

Drop in Triggers

Post by MH53Gunner »

Wilson Combat TTU 3G versus the Geissele Super Select-Fire SOPMOD DIT's? Building my 300 and looking at these two. Thoughts are greatly appreciated!
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Re: Drop in Triggers

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

What's your style of shooting? Build? Reason i ask is, if you are a benchrest target shooter with an adj power optic, you will want a dif style trigger than for an SBR with a red dot for 25yd acquisition at high speed...
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
Chedr
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chedr »

BadKarmaZeroSix wrote:What's your style of shooting? Build? Reason i ask is, if you are a benchrest target shooter with an adj power optic, you will want a dif style trigger than for an SBR with a red dot for 25yd acquisition at high speed...
Please elaborate.
MH53Gunner

Post by MH53Gunner »

Great point! I'm building a suppressed/unsupressed SBR. No bench shooting, red dot on top.
DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoubleJ »

I'd go with a single stage on a 300. I've got an SSA-E in a big, heavy AR that rarely gets shot off hand, and it's great for taking your time. All the other ARs that don't have bipods have single stage triggers with a little weight to them.
I do not reply to posts with horrific grammar errors.

I do not reply to posts concerning the case mouth dent.
tXr
Silent But Deadly

Post by tXr »

I would run a Hiperfire 3G trigger, you can have a nice decent trigger pull and not have to worry about having light primer strikes on NATO style and/or harder magnum primers.
The only trustworthy Bolshevik is the Bolshevik taking a dirt nap
voip-1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by voip-1 »

I would also recommend a good single stage trigger with about 3.5-4.5 lb of trigger pull for a 300BLK carbine.

I put a 2 stage Giessele in mine and the 2 stage is more suited to shooting on the bench than shooting and moving in my opinion. Plenty disagree with me as lots of guys run the 2 stage trigger on their 3-gun rifles.

I just prefer short crisp single stage on a short range semi-auto rifle I guess.
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

What's that trigger/hammer set that Mrs. Giessele sells? That seems to be a really good value to me.
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

L1A1Rocker wrote:What's that trigger/hammer set that Mrs. Giessele sells? That seems to be a really good value to me.
Alg defense. Two kinds:
Quality mil spec trigger (qms)
Advanced combat trigger (act)

The act, paired with jp yellow springs, is a decent, reliable trigger for less than $80. I'm using one in my 9mm sbr...
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Sithlord wrote:
L1A1Rocker wrote:What's that trigger/hammer set that Mrs. Giessele sells? That seems to be a really good value to me.
Alg defense. Two kinds:
Quality mil spec trigger (qms)
Advanced combat trigger (act)

The act, paired with jp yellow springs, is a decent, reliable trigger for less than $80. I'm using one in my 9mm sbr...
That's them, thanks. If my home trigger job had not worked that was my back up plan. I just decided to order some of the yellow springs to see how they add to this trigger. I went a bit extreme on bobbing and thinning the hammer.

Here's my hammer with the cut of peace for comparison.

Looks a LOT like the JP Speed Hammer. . .

I'm actually very pleased with how the trigger turned out.