8", 9", 10", 12.5" - ?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Re: 8", 9", 10", 12.5" - ?

Post by 82nd airborne »

We are doing a limited run of 6.5" barrels (20) here soon. I love shooooort blackouts. I dont really shoot 5.56 anymore.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
SuperChuck
Silent But Deadly

Post by SuperChuck »

I've got a pistol lower sitting in the safe, mainly a hedge against finding a deal on an upper before I ever get a Lower SBR'd... But a 6.5" barrel might be just the ticket for a pistol... dangit, another entirely new direction to take things.. ;-)

Is a barrel that short a "Do Not Try This At Home" proposition, or the standard arrangements, parts and effort will reult in a useable upper, without significant professional assistance?

Where's the port located? 4-5" from the chamber? I imagine the short Three Zero would look wicked on that thing... Subsonic or suppressed only, or the blast has got to be a bit impressive.

SC
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

SuperChuck wrote:I've got a pistol lower sitting in the safe, mainly a hedge against finding a deal on an upper before I ever get a Lower SBR'd... But a 6.5" barrel might be just the ticket for a pistol... dangit, another entirely new direction to take things.. ;-)

Is a barrel that short a "Do Not Try This At Home" proposition, or the standard arrangements, parts and effort will reult in a useable upper, without significant professional assistance?

Where's the port located? 4-5" from the chamber? I imagine the short Three Zero would look wicked on that thing... Subsonic or suppressed only, or the blast has got to be a bit impressive.

SC
Nope, it uses a pistol gas system and goes together just like any other upper, and will fire anything from subs unsuppressed, to suppers supressed.
With that barrel and the DTZ-S, the whole setup is right around the same length as an usuppressed 10.5" AR!
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
SuperChuck
Silent But Deadly

Post by SuperChuck »

Sounds like that might have to go on "The List" Going "SuperShort" seems like the way to go!

Now I'll have to decide of I want to go sidecharger on that upper.. gotta mix and match to spice things up!

I'll have to gas block recommendations, etc.. I probably won't try to stray TOO far from the beaten path... aside from a 6.5" barrel, and possibly a sidecharger...... oh well.... !

SC

82nd airborne wrote:
SuperChuck wrote:I've got a pistol lower sitting in the safe, mainly a hedge against finding a deal on an upper before I ever get a Lower SBR'd... But a 6.5" barrel might be just the ticket for a pistol... dangit, another entirely new direction to take things.. ;-)

SC
Nope, it uses a pistol gas system and goes together just like any other upper, and will fire anything from subs unsuppressed, to suppers supressed.
With that barrel and the DTZ-S, the whole setup is right around the same length as an usuppressed 10.5" AR!
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

curious sam wrote:I suppose one of my main questions would be - when it comes to subs, do any of the above have a substantial edge over the others for cycling?
Between brands - certainly. Within AAC, no.
jasonusvi
Silent But Deadly

Post by jasonusvi »

82nd airborne wrote:We are doing a limited run of 6.5" barrels (20) here soon. I love shooooort blackouts. I dont really shoot 5.56 anymore.
I would be interested in getting on a list for one of the 20. How much? Considering a build with an Aero COP monolithic upper... should have enough clearance to get an N6 under it. Bottom side of rail comes off if needed to access QD release. Might call it the Honey Beaver.
A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them. – P. J. O'Rourke