Who are the busy supressor repair shops?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

MPWfritz

Who are the busy supressor repair shops?

Post by MPWfritz »

Who are the great ones in the industry and why? TY
BJK
Silent But Deadly

Re: Who are the busy supressor repair shops?

Post by BJK »

If it's for your can that needs fixing I'd contact the manufacturer before sending the can.

If it was just an academic question I can't help.
GSO
Silent But Deadly

Re: Who are the busy supressor repair shops?

Post by GSO »

BJK is spot on. Go straight to the manufacturer if you need repair. It may even be covered under warranty. The best ones won't have many in shop for repair because silencer don't break unless the operator does something wrong or has a host firearm (non-concentric threads, etc) issue. Just like the muffler on your car... I have a customer that had a baffle strike in a Rugged suppressor. Rugged had him send it back. They requested he send in the Storm Lake barrel at their expense and they sent it to a trusted machine shop that found it well out of concentric. Based on this, he was able to get the barrel replaced by Storm Lake and Rugged had already fixed his suppressor under warranty.

Most manufacturers want to do right by customers and generally bend over backwards. My favorite that I've seen just recently is Tony Rumore from Tromix (known for the 458 SOCOM):

Q: What is the warranty on Tromix parts?

A: If you act like a reasonable adult, there is an unlimited warranty on all parts. However, if you act like an asshole, there is no warranty.
I don't collect firearms; they just accumulate...

"Be Prepared" - My motto from an early age.

Greg