Moving to new permanent address

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

noname
Silent Operator

Moving to new permanent address

Post by noname »

I am trying to send the correct information to ATF after moving to a new permanent address. Form 5320.20 does not look like the right one. It seems to be a move for temporary re-location. Anyone know which form is needed?
Previously known as hardcase. Moved lost internet connection for 1+ years.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Re: Moving to new permanent address

Post by golfindia »

I used form 5320.20 _before_ I moved....... Not sure if there is a form for after the fact. There's a yes/no box to check for "firearms to be returned to their original location".

Took about a month to get approved.
noname
Silent Operator

Post by noname »

The research I have done led me to believe that since my move was in the same state no ATF correction was necessary.

It would save a lot of confusion if the general public, and LE did not get their knowledge about suppressors from watching old gangster movies on TV.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

At ease there chief.. I didn't watch any gangster shows. I simply read the back of the form, which directly cites 18 USC 922.

But, hey.. Feel free to believe whatever the F you want to believe......
noname
Silent Operator

Post by noname »

golfindia,
I was not responding to you. We all have to live with what we learn. My point was directed to Hollywood, and the public in general. Just ask a none-gun neighbor or in some cases LE or a politician what they think about suppressors. I didn't expect anyone to be paranoid about it and take it personally. I apologize if I stepped on your toes.

The internet is not a perfect medium to communicate.
noname
Silent Operator

Post by noname »

golfindia,

I have searched the internet and cannot find the form you referenced on ATF site. I want to do it right. My cans are on an older, before 41f, trust created by a attorney that specialized in firearms law. Can you PM me a link or copy of the form you mentioned?
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
noname
Silent Operator

Post by noname »

I called ATF today at the 304 number. The lady I talked to said I did not legally need to fill out a new form 5320.20 or any other form for moving from one county to another in NC. She said a lot of people do for their own protection. We did not discuss what the reasons were. I suspect it has to do with hunting in NC (cans are legal) fish and game officials, going to a public or commercial shooting range, just to name a few where my drivers license and tax stamps have different addresses. We did not discuss any other state other than NC. Your state or county or city may be different.

I plan to send copies of my tax stamps with the old address and a 5320.20 with my new address. More paperwork :roll: But at least I am legal for the time being.

When I got a concealed carry permit for the county I currently live in the Sheriff department just called my former county to verify the permit was legal. I questioned this as my current CC permit has the old address on it. They said if needed, they could get in touch with my former county until my existing permit expired. Then get one with the county I live in now.

Makes a person wonder who knows what. Any privacy is a thing of the past.