Lowers shipping 4/30/12

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

SuperChuck
Silent But Deadly

Re: Lowers shipping 4/30/12

Post by SuperChuck »

My FFL had 5 transferees waiting while I was there, we did not get a chance to talk aside from doing business.. Sorry, no details from my side to share...

SC
Whole Bunches
Silent But Deadly

Post by Whole Bunches »

Found out mine wasn't shipped with the others...for reason(s) unknown to me, Kisstactical wanted my dealer to fax him the ffl even though I received an email from Kisstactical that he has the signed ffl copy that was mailed. The first faxed copy was said to be too dark. No word on the 2nd faxed copy. No word on shipping.
SuperChuck
Silent But Deadly

Post by SuperChuck »

Assembled one this evening, everything went well, the only watch out is that the blind hole for the pivot pin detent spring needs to be cleaned out, it appears the anodizing process may have filled the hole up with salts..

Just chase a small diameter drill bit into the hole by hand and the material comes out easily.

Looks great, test functions ok, looking forward to sending off my form 1 for my receivers.

SC
Whole Bunches
Silent But Deadly

Post by Whole Bunches »

SuperChuck wrote:Assembled one this evening, everything went well, the only watch out is that the blind hole for the pivot pin detent spring needs to be cleaned out, it appears the anodizing process may have filled the hole up with salts..

Just chase a small diameter drill bit into the hole by hand and the material comes out easily.

Looks great, test functions ok, looking forward to sending off my form 1 for my receivers.

SC
How did your SBR engraving look? And where was the engraving put?

Thanks
SuperChuck
Silent But Deadly

Post by SuperChuck »

SBR engraving was very clean, legible type on blank side of mag well (right side).

SC
Whole Bunches
Silent But Deadly

Post by Whole Bunches »

SuperChuck wrote:SBR engraving was very clean, legible type on blank side of mag well (right side).

SC
Thank you...just curious while I wait for mine.
Whole Bunches
Silent But Deadly

Post by Whole Bunches »

:cry: Mine never arrived. Kiss Tactical says he will look into it.

Update: It arrived later yesterday afternoon. It looks Very nice. Thanks
Last edited by Whole Bunches on Thu May 10, 2012 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
morris
Silent But Deadly

Post by morris »

So this is a first time thing for me (assembling a lower) so forgive the ignorant questions.

CAn someone tell me if this is a small pin or large pin lower, and am I correct that this is milspec and not commercial spec?
SuperChuck
Silent But Deadly

Post by SuperChuck »

Welcome to the club Bunches, glad you got it in!

I tested fit and finish on one of mine on Sunday... looking forward to sending in the SBR paperwork. I'll check fit-n-finish on the other one and do the same... So far, I'm really liking the elimination of the roll pins... no pounding/hammering close to the frame.

SC
Whole Bunches
Silent But Deadly

Post by Whole Bunches »

Put my receiver together today and test fired it with a 16" bbl. Functioning was flawless and everything fit. I intend on visiting the sheriff next week for NFA signature and fingerprints. Ultimately my 300 BLK short bbl upper (currently on my Colt SBR lower) will live on my KISS lower. Agree...no roll pins is a very nice feature.