VRL-1 VARMINT HUNTING LIGHT!!!!

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Re: VRL-1 VARMINT HUNTING LIGHT!!!!

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Looks like I'm going to be buying one of these. How do feral house cats and raccoons react to this light? I'm getting chickens this spring and anticipate a few night time interceptions.
ConnRadd

Post by ConnRadd »

L1A1Rocker wrote:Looks like I'm going to be buying one of these. How do feral house cats and raccoons react to this light? I'm getting chickens this spring and anticipate a few night time interceptions.
Not sure about house cats, but I know with my green light, the raccoons has no clue.
Also to add, my experience with coyotes using the green lights are the same as the hogs. They have no idea that there's a light on them. I personally had better luck with green light vs the red. The biggest advantage that I've seen with the red, their eyes tend to glow brighter.
With Hogs: I've tested the theory that you need to turn the light on first and then slowly bring it down on them. For me, never been an issue of turning the light (green) on while pointed directly at them...

Good Luck!
ConnRadd

Post by ConnRadd »

Brad, what is an average run time on your battery with a full charge? I tried looking for that info, sorry if I over looked.
selph arms llc
Industry Professional

Post by selph arms llc »

ConnRadd wrote:Brad, what is an average run time on your battery with a full charge? I tried looking for that info, sorry if I over looked.
Depending on the conditions the light will run for 2-4 hours constant...
Selph Arms LLC
07 FFL/Class 2 SOT

L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Ordered with just 40 minutes to spare. . . :P
selph arms llc
Industry Professional

Post by selph arms llc »

L1A1Rocker wrote:Ordered with just 40 minutes to spare. . . :P
got it
Selph Arms LLC
07 FFL/Class 2 SOT

L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

selph arms llc wrote:
L1A1Rocker wrote:Ordered with just 40 minutes to spare. . . :P
got it
Great. I thought after the fact that I should have included my username in the special instructions but it was too late. Now I'm worried that I didn't buy two - or three. I'm sure I'm going to want at least one more after I start using it. . .
selph arms llc
Industry Professional

Post by selph arms llc »

I had to make some changes to please my dealers and customers; below are the changes made I think everyone will love the new setup.

I am going to include the Red and Green led module with every package. I also upgraded the mounts after lots of feedback from dealers and customers that didn’t like the plastic scope clamp and barrel mount.

Below are pictures of the new mounts that I believe everyone will love. The fist mount is one for the scope; it is a 30mm ring with a weaver rail and adapter to fit 1” scope tube… The second one is the mount where you can mount it to a barrel or to a shotgun.

Selph Arms LLC
07 FFL/Class 2 SOT

L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

I think this is great with one exception. Going from a solid plastic mount to straps does not seem too good an idea. Have you done any testing with these straps? I would think that straps will shoot loose and be an almost constant problem. I'm not considering mounting this to a shotgun but if I ever do, I'd be looking for another way to mount this.
selph arms llc
Industry Professional

Post by selph arms llc »

L1A1Rocker wrote:I think this is great with one exception. Going from a solid plastic mount to straps does not seem too good an idea. Have you done any testing with these straps? I would think that straps will shoot loose and be an almost constant problem. I'm not considering mounting this to a shotgun but if I ever do, I'd be looking for another way to mount this.

I was not impressed with the plastic clamp; i was worried that with the metal screw going into a plastic thread it would strip out after awhile and then the customer would be upset…

I did test the new clamp and it does hold up very well; if a customer wants a better mount we will have more options for sale on our sight.

I put together this kit so that anyone buying it would have all the options they would need to be able to go out and hunt… I don’t think many people will even use the mount since most will just install the scope mount and use it that way.
Selph Arms LLC
07 FFL/Class 2 SOT