VRL-1 VARMINT HUNTING LIGHT!!!!

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

Re: VRL-1 VARMINT HUNTING LIGHT!!!!

Post by nolwark76 »

Please do not take this as an attack. This is just my opinion and I am not a business owner trying to make a buck. In our current economy sometimes you have to go with what will make a profit and not what you would rather do. As a firearms company, I'm sure you'd rather have everything made in the US. I understand that the light in its current form is made in China. The affordability reflects that and that's fine. What about doing a similar light with just a rail mount option and maybe not as much reach (slightly dimmer) say out to 100-150 and make it in the US? If it was in the $200 or slightly more range, I bet you sell them.

I appreciate companies that try to bring to the market what consumers want. I understand that to do that affordably usually means going to China. I just wish companies would produce both. A American version and a Chinese version.

For instance, I needed a circular saw this summer and even if I wanted to pay $500 for it, I couldn't find one in Oregon. I was willing to pay but I couldn't have one made in the US.

By giving consumers an option, you might be surprized at what people will buy. Maybe use some of the profit from the less expensive ones to subsidize the US made ones til they get self sufficient?

Thanks for a great product anyway. I'm sure it works great. I'll hold out for the US made one!
selph arms llc
Industry Professional

Post by selph arms llc »

nolwark76 wrote:Please do not take this as an attack. This is just my opinion and I am not a business owner trying to make a buck. In our current economy sometimes you have to go with what will make a profit and not what you would rather do. As a firearms company, I'm sure you'd rather have everything made in the US. I understand that the light in its current form is made in China. The affordability reflects that and that's fine. What about doing a similar light with just a rail mount option and maybe not as much reach (slightly dimmer) say out to 100-150 and make it in the US? If it was in the $200 or slightly more range, I bet you sell them.

I appreciate companies that try to bring to the market what consumers want. I understand that to do that affordably usually means going to China. I just wish companies would produce both. A American version and a Chinese version.

For instance, I needed a circular saw this summer and even if I wanted to pay $500 for it, I couldn't find one in Oregon. I was willing to pay but I couldn't have one made in the US.

By giving consumers an option, you might be surprized at what people will buy. Maybe use some of the profit from the less expensive ones to subsidize the US made ones til they get self sufficient?

Thanks for a great product anyway. I'm sure it works great. I'll hold out for the US made one!
I do agree with you and we will be looking into that after we get the product going... I am designing different pressure switches and also a battery extension to add another battery to the light for longer run time both will be made in the US.

I wish I could have started by making them all here but the cost would have been real high and with the economy the way it is I wanted to have a product that everyone could afford…
Selph Arms LLC
07 FFL/Class 2 SOT

nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

Post by nolwark76 »

Glad to hear it. I'll be waiting for it. I'm sure you are but think simple lines and a quality pressure switch.
selph arms llc
Industry Professional

Post by selph arms llc »

nolwark76 wrote:Glad to hear it. I'll be waiting for it. I'm sure you are but think simple lines and a quality pressure switch.
I will be making a good quality pressure switch with a couple different models; also just with all other ones on the market they can be damaged if the customer doesn’t follow the instructions...
Selph Arms LLC
07 FFL/Class 2 SOT

selph arms llc
Industry Professional

Post by selph arms llc »

I just posted a picture of my AR-10 hunting rig with my YHM phantom 308 can on it so you guys can see hat it looks mounted to a rifle.
Selph Arms LLC
07 FFL/Class 2 SOT

eracer
Senior Silent Operator

Post by eracer »

selph arms llc wrote:I am doing a deal on the link above for the other sight if you join you can order one for $99.95 + $8.00 S&H on Monday, I will be running the deal for 2 weeks on pre-orders and will have them in and ready for shipping by the 14th of next month.

http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/i ... opic=23548
Do I need to sign up on the TPP forum? Or can I use my screen name from this forum for the discount code?

Thanks.
selph arms llc
Industry Professional

Post by selph arms llc »

I don't have a discount code... If you want to get on the list just go to my online store to place your order i have the price adjusted for the discount.

http://shop.selpharms.com/VRL-1-Varmint ... -VRL-1.htm
Selph Arms LLC
07 FFL/Class 2 SOT

KingIX
Silent But Deadly

Post by KingIX »

I got my hands on one of these lights.. And let me say it is top notch and well worth the money invested... I have not had a chance to test it in super low light conditions but am getting 150 plus yards with it in the city.. and san antonio has crazy amount of ambient light at night.. I found the battery life to be sufficent for most all common uses and with it coming with an extra battery i have not yet had an experience when one was died and the other wasnt charged..

the housing is tough as i have preformed several drop tests on in with out failure to the light. Now granted this is from avg. use height.

My only complaint is not getting two. Once it is mounted on my weapon I would like to have another hand held one to do my spotting then use my weapon for the actual shooting..

this is a clean looking well preforming product and service has been top notch.. and with all my other lights it is a much needed addition.. and for the price I can not honestly say this can be beat.

I have been a member here a while but rarely have a chance to post but i felt this was worth posting about.
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Sorry for another tech question. . .but. . . how many lumens is this rated at?
selph arms llc
Industry Professional

Post by selph arms llc »

L1A1Rocker wrote:Sorry for another tech question. . .but. . . how many lumens is this rated at?
It is rated at 230 lumens by the manufacturer.
Selph Arms LLC
07 FFL/Class 2 SOT