VRL-1 VARMINT HUNTING LIGHT!!!!

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Re: VRL-1 VARMINT HUNTING LIGHT!!!!

Post by L1A1Rocker »

selph arms llc wrote:
L1A1Rocker wrote:I think this is great with one exception. Going from a solid plastic mount to straps does not seem too good an idea. Have you done any testing with these straps? I would think that straps will shoot loose and be an almost constant problem. I'm not considering mounting this to a shotgun but if I ever do, I'd be looking for another way to mount this.

I was not impressed with the plastic clamp; i was worried that with the metal screw going into a plastic thread it would strip out after awhile and then the customer would be upset…

I did test the new clamp and it does hold up very well; if a customer wants a better mount we will have more options for sale on our sight.

I put together this kit so that anyone buying it would have all the options they would need to be able to go out and hunt… I don’t think many people will even use the mount since most will just install the scope mount and use it that way.
Thanks for the responce. You're probably correct in the change. Thanks for keeping an eye out for the best quality available.
selph arms llc
Industry Professional

Post by selph arms llc »

I wanted to let everyone know the Red LED that i am including is rated at 400 lumens by the manufacture... I was told the battery will last around 1.5-2 hours, I will test it and post the times i get.
Selph Arms LLC
07 FFL/Class 2 SOT

selph arms llc
Industry Professional

Post by selph arms llc »

Wanted to share the new Art Work for the front of the box...
Selph Arms LLC
07 FFL/Class 2 SOT

L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Brad, I'm curious if these have cleared customes yet. I had actually forgot about it till this morning when I was thinking "I could use a good game light right about now" :lol:

Never mind. I followed the link on the OP and found this:
I checked with the company building the light for me; I was told they will be clearing customs in china today and I should have them by 29th as soon as I get them in I will get them shipped ASAP…
I do apologize for the delay unfortunately it is out of my control; I will get them out ASAP once I get them in and will post when I get them.
Again, thanks for bringing this product out.
HotHolster
Silent But Deadly

Post by HotHolster »

Brad,

Have you tested these lights on a full moon cycle? If so, what were the results. Reason I'm asking, is I have a full 24 hour hunt coming up for the full moon weekend in April and I 'm wondering if the light loses some of the effectiveness with more light.
selph arms llc
Industry Professional

Post by selph arms llc »

HotHolster wrote:Brad,

Have you tested these lights on a full moon cycle? If so, what were the results. Reason I'm asking, is I have a full 24 hour hunt coming up for the full moon weekend in April and I 'm wondering if the light loses some of the effectiveness with more light.
I have done testing on a full moon the light will still help I really didn’t notice any difference.
Selph Arms LLC
07 FFL/Class 2 SOT

selph arms llc
Industry Professional

Post by selph arms llc »

HotHolster wrote:Brad,

I have done testing on a full moon the light will still help I really didn’t notice any difference.
Selph Arms LLC
07 FFL/Class 2 SOT

HotHolster
Silent But Deadly

Post by HotHolster »

Thanks Brad. Looks like you are out of stock again. I sent you an email this morning to see if you have a backorder list. Any idea when you'll have more?
morris
Silent But Deadly

Post by morris »

Again :?: I don't think any have shipped yet, I am still waiting on mine rom the original order.
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Brad, just received the light (no kidding, less than 10 minutes old) and it is awesome!!! Looks like A+ manufacturing. I couldn't wait for the batteries to charge so I stuck a couple of cr123s in it and tried both the green and red elements, awesome!!

I've got a couple of questions (did not find an instruction book)

* Can the recharger be used for other batteries like rechargable CR123s?

* The remote switch got extremely hot in just a few seconds (apx 5). So hot that I let go saying ouch. Is this normal?

Thank you for bringing this product to market. I hope it is very successful for you.

Edit for another question: The batteries are on the charger and two red lights are on. I'm assumeing that the lights go out or turn green when charging is complete. Correct?