Post by LeftEyeMike »

Aaron,
Any word on when cans will be out?
Mike
snipecatcher
Silent But Deadly

Re: Cans?

Post by snipecatcher »

I'm interested in this also. Aaron has been a busy man lately I'm sure. At least put some pics up to satisfy my lust for a DCA can!
-Dan
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

Yup! Heres the lowdown thus far.
For our economy priced sealed .223 and .30 cans, which still offer sound reduction up there with the best of them, are going to be made in large numbers here very shortly. The only thing we are waiting for is to finish making the production tooling. We are making a press and die set that will stamp some baffeles that are more efficient and elaborate than current stamped baffles.
The thins are pretty light for being all stainless and having good reduction. As soon as we finish up the machine we are making, we will produce 200 the first week. The machine is just getting final tweaking right now.
We currently have a small run of our Delta Three Zero and Delta Three Zero-S (S is for short) cans almost done, paperwork pending.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/dtzh.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/fdee.jpg/

These were pre production prototypes to make sure we were happy with the internals. The production models have a tastefully knurled section at the back, and the option of a strike bezzle on the front end cap. The step down in diameter slightly for weight savings as well.
All are constructed of stainless.

Here very shortly (probably as soon as I can get over the pnuemonia) Ill post pics of the production models and their baffles.

Also, the short, sealed version which is slightly larger diameter (1.625" x 5.5"), will be available in 14X1Left threads for the AK47. Silencers with this thread pattern will have a more generous bore diameter to account for sloppy third world threads and bores, which will slightly decrease sound reduction.

All will be available in Black, More tactical than FDE, Grey (a dca exclusive!) and FDE.

We have three versions in the makings. Direct thread on will be first.
Next is the thread over brake design, with a really cool brake. Extra brakes will be about $60.

Finally is our proprietary QD mount. It is a rock solid mount that has 3 simultainious locking mechanisms. Each can comes with one mount and others will be available.
Let me get over this redicuous illness (on top of everything else, blah!) and Ill post a hoard of pics including baffles.

Well darn, unable to determine the size of pics, again. Sorry, Ill figure out how to imbed the pics one day.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

Also, as Ive told many friends in the industry, we had no plans to make a commercial .22 can since everyone else does and they are reasonable.
However, we did make a run of SS .22 cans that sound very good compared to the high end performers. If they did go to the markket, they will retail for $250. Again they are all stainless steel.
Now, here is the kicker, the silencer comes apart by removing both end caps. Butttt....... it also unscrews in the middle so you can get a really good grip on it and twist it apart. Then, you take the front half of the silencer and screw it into the back and it breaks the baffles loos for you! Pretty cool. There is a pic of a very rough prototype on our fb page. All the guys that shot it at the match seemed impressed, especially the guy that won a free one, and the 4 year old kid who got one (his dad is doing the paperwork) because he had the absolute best trigger finger control and situational awareness I have ever seen, from any age of new shooter.

Now, we are doing a run of about 20 and giving them to some of you. I have dropped the ball so many times in the past two months that Im surprised people still support me. With all the medical crap going on in my life right now, and three of my wifes ribs dislocating from her spine, I have made so many stupid mistakes like forgetting to get something out once it was done, or forgetting one thing or another, putting incorrect addresses and stuff on it and what not.
David and the others have been working hard to take up my slack, but I'm still doing a very good job of making us look ubre unproffesional and just bad in general.
To make up for my stupidness, I am making the first 25 of these to give to certain customers for free as an appology gift and to show my appreciation for not knocking us online for my mistakes. It could have been disasterous but you were all kind. Thankyou.
You know who you are! Tom R, LYNARDSKYNARD, etc. thanks guys. I think you will really like the design, sound quality, ease of cleaning, asthetics, and price, since its free!
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
LeftEyeMike
Senior Silent Operator

Post by LeftEyeMike »

Yeah!!!!
Aaron, we never doubt you. What your doing isn't exactly easy, and with all endeavors there are stumbles. I have felt you have always been up front, and exceptionally helpful.

Put me down for a .30 cal 7" thread over break for the 300BLK upper you'd making for me, an extra break for my existing 5.56.

Get well soon, after all its almost dear season....
KingTiger

Post by KingTiger »

Aaron - That's a very stand up move on your part to offer those cans up.

Most people on here are used to the NFA process & don't mind waiting to get cool toys.

I have a Delta-43 upper on order & don't mind waiting because I know I will receive a quality product at a fair price.

It does seem like a black cloud has been following you around lately.
Get better soon & keep up the good work.
Controlled Cacophony
snipecatcher
Silent But Deadly

Post by snipecatcher »

Pneumonia is no fun! Rest and get well. I hope your wife recovers quickly too, it's tough to care for yourself when someone you care about needs help. People support you because you are good to them. That's the most important thing you can do.
-Dan
hunter2
Silent But Deadly

Post by hunter2 »

Have had that a few times myself. Will take a while to get your wind back. Your wife knows what real pain is! They will hurt for a long time. A long road, but you are in our prayers - get to feeling better. How high up in cal are you going with these? 45, 50? Take apart? Also made a couple of changes to the cast boolit logo upper on that forum. Still no hurry for it or the barrel.
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

I thought that was you, thanks very much for the thoughts and prayers. I had my ribs dislocated a few times, and it hurt worse than breaking them.
We are doing all the way up to .50 cal user servicable cans!
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
hunter2
Silent But Deadly

Post by hunter2 »

I was afraid you were going to say that. Now I am going to have to work some overtime!