AR-15 SPR build - Lego or voodoo?

Discussion about 5.56mm ARs

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

triggerman300
Senior Silent Operator

Re: AR-15 SPR build - Lego or voodoo?

Post by triggerman300 »

Also,per Aero,if you have an "enhanced" upper you cannot or even need to true it. I tend to agree with them. I use the ?aero shell? grease on mine.
DutchV
Silent But Deadly

Post by DutchV »

I'm still working on this build. Need to get a bolt carrier group. I've got a PSA Premium on hand. Is there any advantage to upgrading to an Aero BCG? Nitride might be nice but would there be any accuracy improvement with the brand name and possibly better made BCG?
Making the bad man go away since 1982.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

Here is some of the things I do for accuracy builds.

Square the upper receiver where the barrel extension seats. Most but especially forged uppers are not square. At the slot for the locator pin it is often raised. Billet is better and forged is the worst. When you square the upper you gain up. If you don’t the extension will rest at the 6 and 12 o’clock positions with the barrel tilted down.

Make sure the barrel extension is a TIGHT fit. You are using Loctite but I prefer to use an upper with a minimum spec.

I will buy several different brands of bolts and measure to get the tightest headspace with the barrel I have.

Use a 223 chamber versus a 5.56 of any flavor. It is safe to shoot 5.56 in a 223 chamber. I read an article where someone checked the chambers of a lot of guns at public ranges. Over 25% had 223 chambers so if it were unsafe we would here of kabooms constantly. I have a match 223 chamber I shoot M855 put of all time.

Avoid 7 twist. Use 9 twist unless you are shooting 75 grain bullets then use 8 twist. 8 twist will shoot anything that will feed from a magazine.

Use a quality trigger. Avoid bipods.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
Kamsmoogs

AR 15 SPR build Lego or voodoo

Post by Kamsmoogs »

I actually did pick up quite a few new tips from the vid and yeah, that railing is insane

The whole build is insane. I cant wait to tear into one of those kits. Did you see how the hull goes together??