need opinion! should i mess with something thats perfect?

Discussion about 5.56mm ARs

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Re: need opinion! should i mess with something thats perfect?

Post by jwb47 »

To be honest the last three ar15 rifles I have put together I have went with the regular handguards and buttstock while all the rails bells and whistles look cool and serve a purpose I have found that when in the field hunting things like bi-pods , grip pods , heavy rails and anything else hanging off the rifle just add weight and get snagged on everything . If it is just a bench gun then feel free to load it up . I would ditch the grip pod and they handguard go with the basic carbine handguard and just maybe get a mag-pul ctr buttstock they do lock up tight and would help with accuracy which seems to be what your chasing .
I do have a M&P 15 chambered in 300 blackout and it is a shooter . I had plans to do all kinds of stuff but 5 years later it is still the way it come out of the box as I see no advantage in spending more money to fix something that shoots as well as my own ability . spending money on increasing my re-loading supplies appeals more to me I am still replacing supplies from the obama years .