Need recomendation for mould

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, Dolomite_Supafly

popper
Silent But Deadly

Re: Need recomendation for mould

Post by popper »

Gas cutting at one location? Don't understand that. I run a 145 PB to 2100 fps , near MOA, AR & PC. Going to try a 150 PB in 308 for -2400.

Yondering - assume you mean gas port cutting. Not arguing but would like to see some pics. Running the numbers for 2k fps, 0.092 port dia., I get 440 fps (subsonic) through the port, 14kpsi, for 4 uSec. If that dia. is cut, that's a #8 shot (1gr). Although that is worst case for spin stability it shouldn't be a problem. Real question is what happens at the crown. I've done base deformation tests, get a 'ring-of-fire' vs a 'cone-of-fire'. Basically looking for verification if it does really occur & what alloy & gas system used. Thanks.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

It does really occur and it can affect accuracy.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
KenH

Post by KenH »

popper wrote:Gas cutting at one location? Don't understand that. I run a 145 PB to 2100 fps , near MOA, AR & PC. Going to try a 150 PB in 308 for -2400..
That's impressive with that bullet speed - pretty well full load for 300BO. What alloy are you using? Hard? COWW?
popper wrote: Yondering - assume you mean gas port cutting. Not arguing but would like to see some pics. Running the numbers for 2k fps, 0.092 port dia., I get 440 fps (subsonic) through the port, 14kpsi, for 4 uSec. If that dia. is cut, that's a #8 shot (1gr). Although that is worst case for spin stability it shouldn't be a problem. Real question is what happens at the crown. I've done base deformation tests, get a 'ring-of-fire' vs a 'cone-of-fire'. Basically looking for verification if it does really occur & what alloy & gas system used. Thanks.
You've put some interesting info there - you say 440 fps thru (gas?) port - how do you determine that? What is the 14kpsi? Pressure at gas port? Are you using Quick Load for info?

Sorry for so many questions, but you sure caught my attention. {g}

Ken H>