cdakers
Senior Silent Operator

Re: I have a new design in hand, will be testing soon

Post by cdakers »

Interested also
475AR

Post by 475AR »

Any update on this bullet? I would love to get a mold. 8)
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

It is taking so long because I am still in the process of testing. I want to do a lot of testing before they get produced in a larger quantity, either bullets or molds.

If there is anyone who would like to borrow the mold please contact me. It is in the hands of another tester but I will have him send it off to the next person.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
475AR

Post by 475AR »

Dolomite_Supafly wrote:It is taking so long because I am still in the process of testing. I want to do a lot of testing before they get produced in a larger quantity, either bullets or molds.

If there is anyone who would like to borrow the mold please contact me. It is in the hands of another tester but I will have him send it off to the next person.
Pm sent.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

I was one who had the mold for a bit and cast some bullets. Nowhere near complete on testing, but Dolomite asked that I post my results so far. I cast these with an alloy that's pretty close to WW with some extra tin, powder coated, and loaded to 2.18".

AR, 14.5" Rainier Ultra Match: Only shot a few, but most jammed in the feed ramp. This is not my sub gun so I didn't modify the feed ramp or attempt different load lengths.

AR, 8" Aero, D063-02: Again, only shot a few. No feed issues at all, and stability was good. Initial accuracy was not bad for a cast bullet at about 5" at 100 yards. Could probably improve on this with a little tweaking.

AAC Micro 7: Obviously no feed issues. Accuracy was decent at 3-4" at 100 yards with Blue Dot and Universal and velocities 950-1000 fps. This will be my new sub gun, so I'll play around some more in the coming weeks and get the group size down. I don't see any reason why this bullet shouldn't shoot 2 moa or less.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

I am 2-3 people out from having the mold free for the next person. If you are interested in using this mold to ensure it works for you please contact me.

My life is pretty busy right now but when I get some free time I will try to figure out a way to make these molds available.

And as always, I am still looking for a bullet manufacturer to produce this bullet for sale.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
Rich22

Post by Rich22 »

Dolomite_Supafly wrote:I am 2-3 people out from having the mold free for the next person. If you are interested in using this mold to ensure it works for you please contact me.

My life is pretty busy right now but when I get some free time I will try to figure out a way to make these molds available.

And as always, I am still looking for a bullet manufacturer to produce this bullet for sale.
PM Sent
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

I will be ordering a V2.0 soon. Got a few minor tweaks to get the weight up.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

Dolomite_Supafly wrote:I will be ordering a V2.0 soon. Got a few minor tweaks to get the weight up.
How heavy are you planning to get them? With my alloy, V1 is right at 260 grains.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Maybe 5-7 more grains. Changing the nose profile and moving the bearing surface forward. Hopefully the new profile feeds but if it doesn't then I know what profile to use in the nose.

As soon as I get V2.0 in I will make sure it is good then I will start sending it around.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!