I have a new design in hand, will be testing soon

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, Dolomite_Supafly

Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Re: I have a new design in hand, will be testing soon

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

I have not but these feed fine from the standard Lancer magazine. Or at least 10 loaded into a 20 round magazine fed fine.

PM me your address Overton and I will get some in the mail.

I have a very busy week leading up to my surgery. I am hoping to get everything cast and sent out but if not it will be at least a month after my surgery before I can cast again.

I am hoping to cast tomorrow unless I decide to hit the range with a few friends. I have a 50 BMG that needs to be zeroed. I also have to zero the 9mm PDW I just built for my 9mm silencer. But if I don't hit the range I will probably do some casting.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Post by A-Game »

I have a cast bullet manufacturer who should be contacting you shortly DS. I sent PM with details.

I have a new Dillon 550B some 4227, 1680, and h110 that is waiting for these to load :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I'm glad I switched to lancer mags lol I have just started looking into cast bullets because my silencer will be here soon :)
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

A-Game wrote:I have a cast bullet manufacturer who should be contacting you shortly DS. I sent PM with details.

I have a new Dillon 550B some 4227, 1680, and h110 that is waiting for these to load :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I'm glad I switched to lancer mags lol I have just started looking into cast bullets because my silencer will be here soon :)

PM replied to with contact info.

Hope this pans out. If it does these should be for sale by August. Once they are available for sale and we get some more positive results I will put together a group buy for all of us that prefer to cast our own.

I believe the quickest and easiest way to get this into EVERYONE's hands is by having them for sale first.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

DS. those look awesome. Even if hollow pointed I bet they stay around the 250 mark depending on ones lead make up and how deep one drills the hollow point. If you don"t mind saying, what is the Meplate?
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

The meplat is .19" and a little bigger once coated. The bullet is meant to be coated and would not work any other way. And the reason why is in order to get the weight up the lube grooves had to be removed. Removing the lube grooves got me where I wanted to be so they need to be coated now.

These things work really well with my silencer. Move weight means less powder and less powder is less gas for the silencer to contain. Loaded some up with 5 grains of Trail Boss and they were silly quiet. Hope to get some more cast tomorrow and use the right coating this time. I couldn't remember which was which and used one that goes on thick. Next batch will be using the thin coating.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
idaho.jon
Silent But Deadly

Post by idaho.jon »

I have 5lbs of blue dot that will be dedicated to these once I get my hands on some. My blue dot load is borderline right now with 240gr boolits, these should run pretty well though.

Thank you for all the innovating you do for this caliber!
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

gds wrote:DS. those look awesome. Even if hollow pointed I bet they stay around the 250 mark depending on ones lead make up and how deep one drills the hollow point. If you don"t mind saying, what is the Meplate?
At least 250, maybe 255. The bullets in my avatar lose about 15 grains with plenty of depth to expand nicely. I assume they would be quieter in flight, too, without the lube grooves. Put me down for a 311-270-RG4 PB. :mrgreen:
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

I am also considering a single shot only version with a very blunt nose, maybe even flat. Should be north of 280 grains if I do. And it should hit with a authority as well. Or make it like a long version of a Elmer Keith bullet.

I shot a bunch more of these at the range today and the only problems I had can be contributed to a crappy magazine. They were pretty accurate as well. I was ringing a steel target 12" wide and 18" tall 9/10 times. I wasn't shooting for groups and that is typical of any other bullets I shoot like that.

I cannot wait to get the correct powder coating on some bullets.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
ryoko

Post by ryoko »

If the mould available, or will there be a group buy?
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

ryoko wrote:If the mould available, or will there be a group buy?
Everything is on hold until I recover from surgery on Tuesday. I have some people that will be testing it before it goes anywhere.

As far as what I want I would like to see a manufacturer step up and produce them for sale. Second option is to have a group buy setup. But either way it will be at least a month before anything happens.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!