Powder coating hollow points??!

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, Dolomite_Supafly

DiveR
Silent Operator

Powder coating hollow points??!

Post by DiveR »

Wondering if anyone has tried powder coating hollowpoints.
boost
Silent But Deadly

Re: Powder coating hollow points??!

Post by boost »

SEMI - SILENT
yondering
Silent But Deadly

Post by yondering »

I do. It doesn't seem to affect mine, it's just a thin plastic layer after all. My method (dry tumbling by hand) fully coats shallow hollow points; deeper hollow points end up mostly coated except the very center at the deepest part. A narrow deep hollow point in a .30 cal bullet would probably not get coated very much except at the tip, with my method; performance shouldn't be affected either way though.

I've posted this pic before, sorry for the repeat. The expanded bullet is the same as the loaded 9mm rounds in the center. The hollow points to the left are a shallow 10mm hp.
DiveR
Silent Operator

Post by DiveR »

Hey thanks heaps mate I had not seen this pic and have spent days reading up on it. I nearly went looking for a powdercoating gun n all but this tumble method of urs seems to be the go. I have had great results with just using allox but anything that may make my life easier will be worth a try. Only have a handi rifle as ar's are not easy to own here in Australia. Next step will be finding the powders n what not as just about every chemical can be a pain to get from wankers making ice. Thanks again mate will be giving this a go for sure. Was just concerned the coat would block my hollowpoints