Powdercoating bullets

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, Dolomite_Supafly

BrownSunshine

Powdercoating bullets

Post by BrownSunshine »

Since casting has it's own forum now, lets talk about powdercoating!

Just started reading up on it and plan on getting a PCgun next time I'm at Harbor Freight and trying to find a cheap toaster oven right now.

Post up your tricks, methods, molds, anything!
Magnum Mike
Silent But Deadly

Re: Powdercoating bullets

Post by Magnum Mike »

There is a thread floating around these forums somewhere that contains more info on the topic than you can shake a stick at. Give the search a try, you'll see what I mean.
michael
--------------------
NRA Life Member

John 3:3

Check out our web store @ http://www.accuratearmsandammo.com
Ken73
Silent Operator

Post by Ken73 »

Consider getting one of the WAI guns off Ebay rather than the Harbor Freight unit. About the same price but much more compact and doesn't need an air supply. Basically a hair dryer! It's the same as the Craftsman unit I use.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

I like the fact that I can shoot a whole lot of my cast loads thru my suppressor before I have to clean it. And i don't have to scrape lead off the baffles.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
regroovable
Silent Operator

Post by regroovable »

viewtopic.php?f=141&t=84219

The above thread is extremely informative and I hope it becomes a sticky here in this forum.
boost
Silent But Deadly

Post by boost »

gds wrote:I like the fact that I can shoot a whole lot of my cast loads thru my suppressor before I have to clean it. And i don't have to scrape lead off the baffles.
Are you getting a little PC residue on your baffles? I notice some on my comps and a little on my BCG . Easy to clean though, doesn't require scraping off.
SEMI - SILENT
Boosted98gsx
Silent But Deadly

Post by Boosted98gsx »

regroovable wrote:viewtopic.php?f=141&t=84219

The above thread is extremely informative and I hope it becomes a sticky here in this forum.
Yes, please sticky it.

We also need a mould ID thread.
NRA Life Member
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

boost wrote:
gds wrote:I like the fact that I can shoot a whole lot of my cast loads thru my suppressor before I have to clean it. And i don't have to scrape lead off the baffles.
Are you getting a little PC residue on your baffles? I notice some on my comps and a little on my BCG . Easy to clean though, doesn't require scraping off.
Some but it is almost like a powder that i barely have to wipe with a rag.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
BrownSunshine

Post by BrownSunshine »

Are you guys shooting through user serviceable cans? My YHM isn't but I've heard I could do the "dip" on it.
Magnum Mike
Silent But Deadly

Post by Magnum Mike »

gds wrote:Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
Never know when God is going to put someone in front of your sights that He expects you to perforate!
michael
--------------------
NRA Life Member

John 3:3

Check out our web store @ http://www.accuratearmsandammo.com