NOE 247gr powder coat design

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, Dolomite_Supafly

excess650
Silent But Deadly

NOE 247gr powder coat design

Post by excess650 »

Bangbangping's avatar bullet intrigued me. The perfect expansion likely was it, but I saw that he was applying his powder electrostatically and using a tray with nails to cure them upright. Too, THAT design had a fatter spec nose than I trusted for PC (NOE's typically run at least .001" OVER the drawing spec for me) and might require a custom nose sizer with its added operation.

My cousin had been working with a RARR and subs for urban deer sniping. He bought some of the Hornady SubX, Berry's, and finally some Makers. Maker suggested Lil Gun and he went to MOA from 3moa with 4227, so again, I was intrigued with heavy subs.

RARR followed me home and I loaded some NOE 170gr slicks that I had cast. They were full throttle supers, but shot ragged hole or nearly so at 50 yards first time out with 4227. I bought a Duramag 350L mag and found it allowed for seating all the way out to 2.30", so mostly for my 7.62x40, but seems to fit nicely in AR magwells; its noticably different than Pmags.

I ordered this from NOE
https://noebulletmolds.com/site/product ... 47-fn-bo3/

Mine is 2 cavityGC in that I didn't anticipate a lot of use. The nose spec is smaller, and it actually dropped .311" shank and .299" nose, alloy right at 15bhn air cooled. It has a high BC, so may get some full throttle play in my Rem700 30-06 where it can be loaded to 3.50",GC in the bottom of the neck, chambers and functions through the magazine. Shake-n-bake PC'd and sized .3095", it chambers in my 300BOs loaded out to at least 2.20".

I loaded and shot some yesterday through the RARR. LC cases RP 7-1/2 primers, 2.20 oal, taper crimp to remove flare ( I use a LONG tapered expander to flare just enough to swallow the GC, and then seat the bullets) 10gr and 11gr IMR 4227 were chosen as initial charges. 10gr put 5 shots into a ragged hole about 45cal size at 50 yards. 11gr shot a horizontal string. Shot through a 10.5" 8 twist, holes were slightly oval; they showed smudges on the target at varying positions each shot.

More are loaded, with and without GCs just to see how much they matter.
Black Rifles Matter