NOE HTC310-247-FN-BO3 (Grooveless Blackout Bullet Mold)

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, Dolomite_Supafly

Bodean98

NOE HTC310-247-FN-BO3 (Grooveless Blackout Bullet Mold)

Post by Bodean98 »

Hello,
Has anyone tried this bullet or have the mold?
http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product_in ... 5jui47a5u0
I am really interested in one, but would like to try some before purchasing a mold.
I have made a request on another site but no joy.
If anyone here has this mold and would be willing to part with a 100 or so bullets please send me a PM.
Not asking for freebies, I am more than willing to pay.
Thanks
handloader109

Re: NOE HTC310-247-FN-BO3 (Grooveless Blackout Bullet Mold)

Post by handloader109 »

No, but I've got to wonder why. I've got the grooved mold and in all honesty, if you shoot subsonic it is a waste of time to powder coat. Reds lube works great, no leading and yes I've powder coated a lot. I guess if you don't have one it would be OK, but pc makes it harder to load due to nose thickness
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

handloader109 wrote:No, but I've got to wonder why. I've got the grooved mold and in all honesty, if you shoot subsonic it is a waste of time to powder coat. Reds lube works great, no leading and yes I've powder coated a lot. I guess if you don't have one it would be OK, but pc makes it harder to load due to nose thickness
If you are having problem with nose thickness then you are putting it on too thick. The coating should add no more than .001”. Any more than that is a waste. Powder selection goes a long way to preventing the coating from going on too thick.

Matter of fact you don’t need 100% coverage. I have shot plent of blotchy PCd bullets and they work fine.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
Bodean98

Post by Bodean98 »

Fat noses are the reason I was looking at this mold. I have the original 310-247 mold but it casts a nose that is .301+ and when coated is just too fat for my rifle. It works well if I nose size but I'm not going to spend the time nose sizing for my blackout!
This mold shows the nose diameter has been reduced to .299 and it may work for me. I would like to find out. I would also like to get away from using gas checks.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Do you HAVE to have a hollow point?

If not forget NOE. They have quality issues from time to time. When NOE molds were great it was because they contracted Arsenal molds to make them for them.

If Arsenal doesn't have what you need Accurate molds will make you EXACTLY what you want in about two weeks. Look at 31-240-E, it can even be ordered without lube grooves giving you a true 245 grain bullet. You can have it made with any nose diameter you want independent of the bearing surface.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
Bodean98

Post by Bodean98 »

I "THINK" I need a hollow point LOL :roll: .
I intend to hunt with this rifle suppressed w/ subs and (think that I) want something that will expand.
I am familiar with Accurate molds and in fact own several. Your suggestion of using them has been close to the top of the list for some time now. I have just not "pulled the trigger" on the mold yet. Yes Tom's molds are TOP NOTCH!!! His service is second to none either. My plan was to do that and then send it to Eric @ hollow point molds and get it hollow pointed.
Guess I just need to grow the juevos and spend the cash and "git er done"
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Bodean98 wrote:I "THINK" I need a hollow point LOL :roll: .
I intend to hunt with this rifle suppressed w/ subs and (think that I) want something that will expand.
I am familiar with Accurate molds and in fact own several. Your suggestion of using them has been close to the top of the list for some time now. I have just not "pulled the trigger" on the mold yet. Yes Tom's molds are TOP NOTCH!!! His service is second to none either. My plan was to do that and then send it to Eric @ hollow point molds and get it hollow pointed.
Guess I just need to grow the juevos and spend the cash and "git er done"
Why do you need a cast bullet that expands?

Cast bullets that tumble are just as effective and often have wider wound channels than bullets with A hollow point. A heavy cast bullet that tumbles works extremely well because tumbling doesn't require a minimum velocity to work well.

I need to get off my ass and make molds available for my 265 grain bullet.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!