What is the consensus on the 8.5" Nitride upper?

Moderators: gds, PalmettoStateArmory

Jbhurley

What is the consensus on the 8.5" Nitride upper?

Post by Jbhurley »

Anyone have the PSA 8.5" 300 AAC 1/8 7" KEYMOD NITRIDE UPPER - NO BCG OR CHARGING HANDLE - 7779750?

I'm thinking of getting this instead of the 9"MPW.. cause you know... It's actually available... :roll:

Anyone know anything about it or how it compares?

Thanks
AAC Eco 9
AAC M4-1000
SiCo Omega
Multi-Cal SBR

"What worries me is not the younger generation's rebelliousness in petty matters, but their tameness in great matters." Albert Jay Nock
boldimagery

Re: What is the consensus on the 8.5" Nitride upper?

Post by boldimagery »

I love mine. Had it for a month, but to be fair mine is in stainless. I have it zeroed for 100 yards, and with no magnification, just a red dot, I hit in a 4 inch circle. I'm sure its capable of better, thats about what I shoot on my AR15 with no magnification.
Larry B
Silent But Deadly

Post by Larry B »

Not the 8.5 but I bought a 10.5 PSA pistol kit with a complete upper. So far have had zero problems. 99% subs in it and accuracy is about 1.5" at 50 yd with my sub hand loads.
A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Post by A-Game »

Palmetto State Armory goes to great lengths to sell products that work. I have only seen people have good things to say about them. It always takes two weeks to get anything from them so don't expect something fast. It may not be the best out there but it isn't crap either.
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk
Wanabgunsmith

Post by Wanabgunsmith »

Jbhurley wrote:Anyone have the PSA 8.5" 300 AAC 1/8 7" KEYMOD NITRIDE UPPER - NO BCG OR CHARGING HANDLE - 7779750?

I'm thinking of getting this instead of the 9"MPW.. cause you know... It's actually available... :roll:

Anyone know anything about it or how it compares?

Thanks
This is exactly what i bought, i paid 250$ at christmas and WOW is it all that and a bag of chips
First post here so lemme know if im doing anything wrong but here is my "pistol build" and a 100 yard 10 shot group

Ok cant figure out how to post pics from my iphone. Anyways with 3 flyers *my fault, not perfect shooter* discounted its about .6ish inches center to center for 7 shots @100 yrds. I used nosler varma 110gr with 19.5gr W296(same as H110) coal = 2.06 cci 400 small rifle primer. I would buy several more of these at this price!

The build is on a forged lower with the KAK shockwave blade kit for ar pistols and bcm grip and primary arms 1-6 acss 300BO(Love it!) in their 25$ basic mount(spoiler alert: works great)
[img]
a68.tinypic.com/axmtf6.jpg
a66.tinypic.com/opz7e8.jpg[/img]
kmiles

Post by kmiles »

I bought the 10.5" version as well. Put it on a spikes pistol lower with the Sig brace. Just did a function check today with 110 gr, 150 gr, 168 gr and 208 gr. and they all functioned 100%. Was a mix of factory and hand loads using Hornady data with A1680. 208's were down around 1020 fps average and there did not appear to be any stability issues. Now I can not wait for my YHM Nitro to get out of jail. I have not checked accuracy yet, so can not speak to that. Was more interested in function and velocity for the first trip out.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

A-Game wrote:Palmetto State Armory goes to great lengths to sell products that work. I have only seen people have good things to say about them. It always takes two weeks to get anything from them so don't expect something fast. It may not be the best out there but it isn't crap either.
I cannot agree with that at all. I couldn't even get them to reply to emails or answer the phone.

Needless to say, I don't buy from them anymore.

http://mossbergowners.com/forum/index.p ... r15.12974/

KAK has 8.5" nitride blackout barrels for $100. They're good. I have one. Has a large gas port though. Not as terrible as some would have you believe. But just wanted you to be aware.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
Wanderson

Post by Wanderson »

I just ordered the same upper OP posted above, with the 8.5' Nitride barrel. On sale for $230 plus $17 for shipping.
I've had VERY good luck with PSA stuff, from 7.62x39, 9mm & .300bo uppers to 5.56 & 9mm AR lowers & misc. small parts. Nothing has ever failed on me or had to be sent back. My 16" .300bo upper from PSA runs & shoots fine as well.

Last upper I ordered took about three days to ship.

Also have a 10" 7.62x39 AR upper from Radical Firearms, ordered from AIM Surplus for $210 free shipping. It's been as good as my PSA stuff, but only had it for 8 months and 500 rounds. Another good budget option. AIM Surplus also has a good rep for their BCGs, and their 5.56 & 7.62x39 BCGs are available in phosphate, nitride & NiB at good prices & free shipping.
jschwartz

Post by jschwartz »

Bought mine just before Christmas, added a decent bcg&ch, had a panther arms multi cal lower spare, literally put it all together, oiled it up, shoots like a charm...
Waiting for a clear day so I can chrono some supers I loaded
bennielof

What is the consensus on the 8 5" Nitride upper

Post by bennielof »

It is a new one.

Also, anyone know of any packages/kits/bundles that Glock or any of the manufacturers sell?