Why so much crying about PSA?

Moderators: gds, PalmettoStateArmory

DutchV
Silent But Deadly

Re: Why so much crying about PSA?

Post by DutchV »

I've had all positive experiences with them. And I knew ahead of time that a couple things would take awhile to arrive. No big deal to me. The quality of the parts has been good.
Making the bad man go away since 1982.
hotwing

Post by hotwing »

I have purchased several lower parts kits (at a great price!) from PSA - two of them were missing a few parts. I contacted them, and they shipped out the next day to "make me whole". Nobody is perfect - buy how they react to mistakes makes all the difference. I'd buy from them again.
lawfullarry

Post by lawfullarry »

I had a 5.56 upper, 7" and the barrel shot really bad. it was throwing the bullets all over the target. Sent it back and they had it for a week and I called up to make sure they got it. Talked to a nice fellow on the phone and he checked and said it was finished, barrel replacement, and it was being made ready for shipment. in two days it was back in my hands.

The emails don't get answered, but the customer service is really good.
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

I bought one of their 9mm uppers that was on sale, and made several purchases of the 9mm magazines. Everything I ordered was received within a week and a half or so. I've never had to contact them for anything, so I cant comment on that aspect, but I've been happy with them so far.
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

FOB
Silent But Deadly

Post by FOB »

Sea monkeys from Boy's Life magazine used to take about 30 days to arrive USPS in the early 70s, and then you found out they were brine shrimp. :evil:

Patience is still a virtue. Always did well with PSA.

I turned 53 in March, so I'm not THAT ancient.
SuedePflow
Senior Silent Operator

Post by SuedePflow »

I placed an order for some CCI .22lr from them about 2 months ago. 3000 rounds, and at a decent price IMO. It was in stock up to 24 hours after I placed my order. 10 days went by and it hadn't shipped. I e-mailed them and waited days for a response and nothing. All of sudden, my order shows up but they sent 300 rounds instead of 3000 rounds. I e-mailed them again and waited days for a response and nothing. So I called and left a message (because they rarely answer) and waiting days and nothing. So I message the guy that runs their ARFCOM account. He replies quickly and informed me that they are sold out now so they cannot actually sell me what they agreed to sell me. My options were to downgrade to a lesser quality product or get a refund (a refund minus the price of 300 rounds, or course).

Everybody makes mistakes, that I understand. What people remember is how you handle the solution. Having all of my e-mails and calls ignored is pretty crappy customer service. When it was all said and done, I ended up with very little ammo and most of my money back (after being tied up for a month). I see a lot of people talking about getting "lucky" with PSA or having good luck. It shouldn't be a gamble to have good transactions with a business. A great business will provide consistently great service for everyone. No luck required.
Nic56
Silent But Deadly

Post by Nic56 »

I figured I will add my customer service experience with PSA. A while back on this forum, I mentioned that the barrel extension on my 10.5" 300 Blackout PTAC barrel had spun free while changing out my flash hider. I put very minimal torque on it, but felt it pop loose. The barrel was about $90 and I commented on another thread about not bothering to return it because I read that PSA could be a hassle with customer service. Another member rightfully called me out and said I would not know until I tried to return it.

So, I called PSA, told them what happened, and the representative said that was absolutely covered and he was mailing me a shipping label. I was quite impressed. So, I boxed it up, mailed it back, and waited. Weeks pass by, and I hear nothing. I assumed that perhaps they decided to replace it and was waiting on another run of barrels like mine. I figured I better call though. I told the representative about my return. He indicated he was aware of the return in their system, but they would need to call me back. I told him that would be fine. Later that evening, I got a call from another representative. He was speaking in riddles, and I finally asked him what he was trying to say. He starting speaking in riddles again, but I got the point of what he was trying to tell me. I finally asked him if they were going to warranty the barrel as I was initially told. He finally told me no. I asked why, and he said it was due to "high round count". I told him it was a new barrel with about 100 rounds at most through it. I then began to explain how nitrided barrels will break loose from the barrel extension if not treated separately before assembly. He didn't want to talk or listen. After we went round and round, I conceded they weren't going to warranty it, and asked one final time if they were reneging on the warranty. He said it would not be warrantied. I did have one final question. I told him that was my barrel and I expected it to be returned and asked if they were returning my property to me. He immediately said yes. I had a feeling what was going on, but I waited a couple of more weeks.

Well, I never received my barrel. After multiple calls, and the run-around from this particular representative, I finally told him what I knew had happened. I told him PSA had lost my barrel and no one wants to fess up to it. That is when he finally said my money for the barrel would be refunded. I was not optimistic due to my experiences so far and asked him outright if he was BSing me. He said no. Sure enough, the next day, I had the refund on my credit card.

I cannot for the life of me understand why I was treated that way.........over such a cheap barrel. I am ashamed to say, but I have spent a small fortune with PSA. I have ordered from them since, but I cringe thinking about having to use their customer service again. It could have been just a bad dealing with one individual, but it did leave a sour taste in my mouth.
300BLK AR-15 with 10.5" Noveske barrel (1:7 pistol length gas)

300BLK 16" AAC Handi Rifle (1:7 twist)

300BLK 16" AR-15 with 16" PSA FN barrel upper (1:8 pistol length gas)
FOB
Silent But Deadly

Post by FOB »

I ordered a complete AR lower on Wednesday. My FFL faxed their info that morning. Shipping label was created yesterday, should be on the truck today. I'll update in a week or so on function.
FOB
Silent But Deadly

Post by FOB »

Got the lower I ordered on the 26th of October. Nice piece, flawless function. Faster than sea monkeys.
Rooter pig
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Rooter pig »

I have good luck with Psa. Takes them a week or so to mail it , but that's fine.