Why so much crying about PSA?

Moderators: gds, PalmettoStateArmory

thisguysguns
Silent But Deadly

Re: Why so much crying about PSA?

Post by thisguysguns »

I've had 5 PSA lowers and countless other things from them, and they've all been perfect and arrived in a short time period (in Alaska, everything takes a long time to get to you). I'm an internet user and that pisses me off because I've got nothing to be pissed off about.

:lol:
$1.35 a day... Best job I ever had.
Nic56
Silent But Deadly

Re: Why so much crying about PSA?

Post by Nic56 »

I know there are two different subjects concerning PSA, which is ship times and customer service. To say PSA is good to go because they sent you something you ordered has nothing to do with their customer service. I have ordered a crap-ton of AR parts from PSA. Early on, when I first bought from them, it did take two to three weeks to receive my stuff. That has never bothered me. I heard about their long shipping times before I ever ordered from them. I will say orders from them now ship out relatively fast. I now receive my items within a week. Some now arrive within 2 days. I applaud them for working on that.

However, the PSA horror stories I have heard most about was when dealing with their customer service. As I said in my post further back, PSA absolutely dropped the ball on my barrel return. Many people would have became discouraged and just said heck with it. Poor customer service just makes me more tenacious. I talked to the contact representative "handling" my return several times and he realized it was easier to refund my money than deal with me every other day. I am not the only one with similar stories. So, to say PSA is good to go because you received your order is only half of the story. So, like their shipping, they really need to make some improvements on their customer service IMO.

With that being said, I will continue to order from PSA. All their stuff, other than the cheapie barrel I bought from them has been fine. All my stripped lowers and uppers have been ordered from them, along with BCGs and many parts. (Like I said, I've ordered a crap-ton from them.) I like their lowers and uppers so much, I won't even bother buying elsewhere.

So, I'm not PSA bashing per se, but they do need to work on their customer service. And for those that have not had to deal with that yet, be prepared (possibly) for a run around if you need a problem fixed.
300BLK AR-15 with 10.5" Noveske barrel (1:7 pistol length gas)

300BLK 16" AAC Handi Rifle (1:7 twist)

300BLK 16" AR-15 with 16" PSA FN barrel upper (1:8 pistol length gas)