300 BLK upper order update

Moderators: gds, PalmettoStateArmory

Kingpin

300 BLK upper order update

Post by Kingpin »

Order placed 12-27-13 is shipping today and Delivery scheduled for Monday 01-13-14 my first build .will update delivery and condition when I get it.I have seen good and bad reviews so we will see. So far I am very happy with the process and delivery times thanks PSA.
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Re: 300 BLK upper order update

Post by tallburnedmidget »

Kingpin wrote:Order placed 12-27-13 is shipping today and Delivery scheduled for Monday 01-13-14 my first build .will update delivery and condition when I get it.I have seen good and bad reviews so we will see. So far I am very happy with the process and delivery times thanks PSA.
My experience with them is that you hear no communication and then at some point (within their posted shipping time limit) you get a shipping notification and then boom it's at your door in a day or two.

So its nothing, nothing, nothing, BOOM delivered :)
Kingpin

Post by Kingpin »

Just got the 300 blk upper today came packed very well heavy cardboard box inside another box packed tight so no movement. Finish is quite good a lot better than I expected no nicks or scratches I am very pleased with the upper so far, have not been to the range yet may be a while for that. I will no doubt order more things in the future Thanks PSA for a good affordable upper.
RobSky

Post by RobSky »

PTAC right?
Same here, took about 20 days. Fit and finish are excellent.
Now to get it to range.
R Horn

Post by R Horn »

I also ordered a complete PTAC 300 blackout upper on 12/27 along with one of their blemish lowers with Magpul ACS furniture. Came in last Tuesday maybe. I loaded 300 rounds for it yesterday along with cleaning the weapon and massaging the fit of the upper to the lower.

Anyway I put 90 rounds through it today with some Magpul sites. The firearm sited in quikly and grouped very nicely using 147 grain M80 pull.
Kingpin

Re: 300 BLK upper order update and function test

Post by Kingpin »

Got to the range today for a quick function test of my Ptac 300 blk upper no targets up to much snow but was able to test fire some rounds no fte or ftf at all. I tried several different bullet styles first up was 150 grain Extreme 15.5 grs.IMR427 oal1.975 all good, groups in the snow looked to be about 6in circle @100 yrds offhand not bad for me next was Nosler 125 gr BT 17.5 gr.IMR4227 OAL 2.100 functioned good better group as far as I could tell next up was a 180 Sierra lead tip some I had laying around thought I would see how they would do .14.4 IMR4227 OAL 2.205 all good shot out to 2oo yrds about a bucket size group still off hand no rest so I am very happy with the setup think I will enjoy this caliber more when weather is a bit nicer.