New S & W 300 I am finally going to shoot

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

GMC man

New S & W 300 I am finally going to shoot

Post by GMC man »

I have a 300 blk from S & W I had to put together, Itsall a smith but I wanted a black gun so I ordered the upper separately and had to wait almost two months because of no ammo and now tomorrow I get to test it for the first time now that I just hand loaded some.
Has anyone else done this?

JohnInNH
Elite Member

Re: New S & W 300 I am finally going to shoot

Post by JohnInNH »

Similar to my 16" PSA I have a Harris bipod, I shoot with a silencer but have a YHM flash hider too. 4-14xx40 35 mm tube scope... Burris mount. ... also have Troy sights if i want to pull the scope.

It's easy to make light for close range if i want, yet have a shoot off the bench set up as well... With my M16 lower the bipod & silencer is a hoot!

I like flexibility.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
K.Mac.5280

Post by K.Mac.5280 »

I ordered my S&W 300 complete upper on Dec 28, I'm still waiting and actually don't expect to see mine until maybe August or September. I'm using the time to gather tools, brass, powder, bullets and learn everything I can about forming brass from 223 since ammo to buy is nonexistent and 300BLK brass is virtually nonexistent also.
K-Mac 5280

Gun control is people control, not crime control.
morock13

Post by morock13 »

I ordered my S&W M&P-15 upper, (in black) on Dec 8, 2012. Still waiting. A friend had put a couple different uppers on order about the same time. I bought one of his spares so I can actually go shoot it. Just working on my loads right now. when my S&W comes in, I will keep it as well, never can have too many.
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

I have a smith 300 blackout . it is a great rifle , very reliable and accurate. the only factory ammo I have shot was some remington 220 grain subs just to check function. I use a yankee hill phantom on my blackouts
Redfishcatcher15

Post by Redfishcatcher15 »

GMC man wrote:I have a 300 blk from S & W I had to put together, Itsall a smith but I wanted a black gun so I ordered the upper separately and had to wait almost two months because of no ammo and now tomorrow I get to test it for the first time now that I just hand loaded some.
Has anyone else done this?

Nice rifle you have there and she shoots sweet to with minimum recoil. I love my M&P15 300 Blackout/Whisper which is a very accurate rifle with the ammunition combo. I purchased my rifle from my local gun shop in melonite finish and few aftermarket accessories which include Magpul magazines, grip, foregrip, ambi safety lever, Strike Industries ejection port dust cover, UTG PRO free float rail with low profile gas block, Geissele G2S trigger with KNS precision trigger pins, BCM Mod 3 charging handle, Dave Tubbs flatwire bufferspring, Double Star ACE ARFX Skeleton Stock, and a Redfield Battlezone 3-9x42 scope mounted on a name scope mount.
Last edited by Redfishcatcher15 on Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve franklin
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve franklin »

Look through a couple or three pages of the classified section. There is plenty of pre-processed brass around for $100-120 per thousand.
DeaneM1A
Senior Silent Operator

Post by DeaneM1A »

Redfishcatcher15,
Sounds like a great combination! Can you post a picture?
Redfishcatcher15

I will tonight when I get home. I'm out of town at the moment.
Redfishcatcher15

I tried posting an picture, but had difficulties. I do have pictures posted in the link listed below.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wess ... t138332628