Another Frustrated Wilson Customer

Moderators: gds, WilsonCombatRep

BobbyG
Senior Silent Operator

Another Frustrated Wilson Customer

Post by BobbyG »

I placed an order for a Wilson Combat Match Grade Barrel, 300 Blackout.

At the time the order was placed, all three items were in stock thus the reason I placed the order to begin with. I received a communication from Wilson that the barrel was now on back-order.This is somewhat disturbing because now I have no idea when this part will be in...

I inquired what the approximate delivery was and this was what I received.

"We are probably around 4-6 months on these barrels though. It is possible that the lead time is dropped dramatically, but that is far from a promise. "

The guy at Wilson was great to deal with but 4 to 6 months! :shock: :roll:

Major Sigh Here....
Lethal Injections Have Side Affects
Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

Re: Another Frustrated Wilson Customer

Post by Maryland_Shooter »

Nah . . . as much as I like Wilson if I made a purchase based on the premise I'd soon actually get it and that turned out to be the case, I'd have to cancel the order. Nothing personal, just business. Chances are (IMHO) you'll run across a barrel WAY before 4-6 months is up.
When I go to bed a law abiding citizen and wake a felon, by the stroke of the legislative pen, tyranny has arrived.

Post complete and accurate info when inquiring about loads, or be ignored.
BobbyG
Senior Silent Operator

Post by BobbyG »

Update!

My barrel is now in stock and has shipped along with the other items I ordered...

4 to 6 months...HA....more like 2 weeks....
Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

I was going to order a 458 SOCOM kit yesterday, product page doesn't say out of stock, but when you add to cart it gives you the bad news :cry:

Called and 12 month wait :shock:

The only thing I wait that long for is a baby :lol:

Found one $825 shipped, should be here Monday if not sooner.

Wilson makes some sweet stuff, but like most everyone else, has availability issues.
When I go to bed a law abiding citizen and wake a felon, by the stroke of the legislative pen, tyranny has arrived.

BobbyG
Senior Silent Operator

Post by BobbyG »

Maryland_Shooter wrote:I was going to order a 458 SOCOM kit yesterday, product page doesn't say out of stock, but when you add to cart it gives you the bad news :cry:

Called and 12 month wait :shock:

The only thing I wait that long for is a baby :lol:

Found one $825 shipped, should be here Monday if not sooner.

Wilson makes some sweet stuff, but like most everyone else, has availability issues.
Too bad about Wilson but congratulations on the find! When my barrel arrives I'll take a few photos and post it....My bolt carrier assembly arrived from Brownells today so things are looking up!!
Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

Yeah, I would have preferred the Wilson kit, but a RRA Carbine 458 arrive Friday at 9:00 and I loaded 50 rounds to hopefully test fire today.

A poster at 458Forums wanted $1200 for a 2 owner, stock 458 - the exact one I bought brand new for $825 delivered :shock: :roll:

BobbyG
Senior Silent Operator

Post by BobbyG »

My Wilson Combat Match Grade Stainless Fluted Barrel arrived and I freely admit I'm more than impressed!

When it arrived it was well packaged and both ends were protected with rubber cups...The craftsmanship and attention to detail on its manufacture is incredible! The barrels bore is incredibly smooth and polished from chamber to muzzle. I'll take a few photos and post them later on today.
wugberry

Post by wugberry »

Wilson currently has a sale on their 16" 300 Blackout - but still over $1k for their upper - just a little too pricey.
Chazak ve Amatz! חֲזַ֖ק וֶאֱמָ֑ץ Be Strong & Courageous! Joshua 1:6
"praesis ut prosis ne ut imperes"