Wilson Combat Barrel

Moderators: gds, WilsonCombatRep

flyinreallyhigh

Wilson Combat Barrel

Post by flyinreallyhigh »

Didn't see anyone else review their stuff so I thought I would

I ordered the 16" carbine Stainless barrel, came fast and was packed very well.

It shoots very well, easily 1 moa accuracy out of it so far, I haven't gotten to test it out over 100 yds yet but this is a deer rifle so, it will rarely see over that.
coryj

Re: Wilson Combat Barrel

Post by coryj »

Glad to hear your barrel shoots well. I built an upper around one of their 11.3" barrels, but I haven't had a chance to shoot it (waiting for Form 1 for my SBR to come back). I'm going to start a thread and post some pictures of the upper.
BobbyG
Senior Silent Operator

Post by BobbyG »

I just ordered Wilson's Combat Match Grade Barrel fluted stainless barrel. I opted for the 18" version and I need some opinions on aluminum hand-guards, I'm thinking 12" long, gas block, and gas tube...
Lethal Injections Have Side Affects
Smily0
Silent Operator

Post by Smily0 »

BobbyG wrote:I just ordered Wilson's Combat Match Grade Barrel fluted stainless barrel. I opted for the 18" version and I need some opinions on aluminum hand-guards, I'm thinking 12" long, gas block, and gas tube...
I went with Fortis Mfg rails because of their weight (and they were aesthetically pleasing). They come in at just over 9 ounce for a 12'' rail which is amazing. I went with a 14'' and it just seemed like it couldn't be as light as it really was, but seems very sturdy. Happy with it so far. http://tradingplacepawn.com/fortis-rev- ... ystem.html
Quiettime
Silent Operator

Post by Quiettime »

flyinreallyhigh wrote: I ordered the 16" carbine Stainless barrel...was packed very well...
That's an understatement!!! I've never received a package that was packed as well as my bbl. Obviously they care and when you're paying $250+ it's nice to see that the company wants to ensure you get what you're paying for. +1 to Wilson
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

flyinreallyhigh wrote:It shoots very well, easily 1 moa accuracy out of it so far
Could you please elaborate on this?
mjc3834

Post by mjc3834 »

BobbyG wrote:I just ordered Wilson's Combat Match Grade Barrel fluted stainless barrel. I opted for the 18" version and I need some opinions on aluminum hand-guards, I'm thinking 12" long, gas block, and gas tube...
I also have a Wilson Combat 18". Didn't have the fluted one in stock so I went with the unfluted one. Little heavier but not much. I put a YHM rifle length Diamond Series Quad rail on mine. Just liked the way it looked. Probably makes the rifle a little front heavy but It will be used off a bench and for deer hunting.
Clastac

Post by Clastac »

I agree Wilson barrels shoot very well. I shot a 217 AQT with a Wilson Combat 300BLK Tactical Lightweight... a 16", 1-8 twist, 29 oz. barrel. You can find the review and report from 2011 here:

viewtopic.php?f=136&t=79287
ESW

Post by ESW »

I have the 16" fluted SS with 1-8 and love it. Looks good, shoots sub moa. First three shots with one load I made up went .90". Only shot about 100 rounds so far. Other loads were between 1.25 to 1.10" or so. I'll load a bit hotter and I believe accuracy will increase.

These barrel are packed in a clear tube with rubber caps on both ends of the barrel and the tube. I have another new in the tube just like this but without flutes in case anyone wants one.
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Post by Guest762 »

I've got one of their 11.3 uppers. Coated BCG ,nice comfortable rail,gas buster charging handle.
Have put 500+ rounds through it so far without a malfunction. Absolutely no complaints.