Accuracy with Subs in MK 109 pistol?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

old stang

Accuracy with Subs in MK 109 pistol?

Post by old stang »

I'm not having much luck finding an accurate subsonic load in my 300 BLK PWS pistol with 9.75" barrel. Supers seem to do fine, but subs at 25 and 50 yards are nothing to write home about. I'm trying loads with and without AAC 762 SDN-6 suppressor. With 220 grain Nosler, with up to 11.6 gr of A1680, I still see some signs of bullet instability. What loads are you having luck with? Should I be trying some other powders? I've tried bullet weights from 220 down to 155 in subsonic mode, nothing seem to shoot that well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old Stang
anotherkelley
Silent But Deadly

Re: Accuracy with Subs in MK 109 pistol?

Post by anotherkelley »

Try H4198! I personally can't get much consistency with any projectile when 1680 is involved.

I used to own a MK109 upper... a friend offered me too much to justify keeping it but I've experienced exceptional 'sub' accuracy in all of my 300blk guns using Hodgdons 4198. Any heavy pill with about 10.5gr under it has been hard to beat for me.
old stang

Re: Accuracy with Subs in MK 109 pistol?

Post by old stang »

I finally found some 4198 to try. You are absolutely correct, the 4198 took the MK 109 from tumbling bullets to respectable accuracy. I also tried Lil Gun and it performs well also. Note to anyone having accuracy problems with a particular bullet, don't give up, try different powders as it can make a world of difference.

Old Stang