My Little Gem "The Runt

Post by Lt Dan »

PWS MK109
SWR- Trident

Lt Dan
sniiped

Re: My Little Gem "The Runt

Post by sniiped »

i have to admit i'm pretty jealous. gorgeous looking setup. i wish i had the funds at the moment to snag one of the m109's considering how they are now discontinued.
Lt Dan

Post by Lt Dan »

Thanks! It was a long venture to get to this point.
I orderd it last Feb. it arrived at FFL May 1, Sent my Form 4 off within a day or two and my stamp arrived the day before the Conn. shooting and I picked it up the morning of the shooting.

I talked to Stacy about not offeing the 9.75 and going to the 12.
He told me the reason was everyone was trying to shoot subs without a silencer attached and obviously it would not cycle. The 12 inch barrel cycles subs with or with out a silencer.
They got tired of folks sending thier gun back to have the gas port enlarged to cycle subs without a silencer.

Why anyone would want to shoot subs without a silencer is beyound me.

Thanks agian for the kind words.

I can't get my wife to feel the same way!

Lt Dan
Desert scrub
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Desert scrub »

Lt Dan wrote:Thanks! It was a long venture to get to this point.
I orderd it last Feb. it arrived at FFL May 1, Sent my Form 4 off within a day or two and my stamp arrived the day before the Conn. shooting and I picked it up the morning of the shooting.

I talked to Stacy about not offeing the 9.75 and going to the 12.
He told me the reason was everyone was trying to shoot subs without a silencer attached and obviously it would not cycle. The 12 inch barrel cycles subs with or with out a silencer.
They got tired of folks sending thier gun back to have the gas port enlarged to cycle subs without a silencer.

Why anyone would want to shoot subs without a silencer is beyound me.

Thanks agian for the kind words.

I can't get my wife to feel the same way!

Lt Dan
That's too bad to hear they are not going to do a 9.75in anymore. I was planning on busting my back end this spring so I could order an 18in 556 as well as a short 300BLK upper for a pistol build.
I'll have to keep an eye out for one on the used market I guess.
OHPrepper7

Post by OHPrepper7 »

Lt Dan wrote: Why anyone would want to shoot subs without a silencer is beyound me.
Lt Dan
I can't speak for everyone else, but I cast 230gr subs and shoot for about $.07 per round. Being able to shoot with a can (for quiet work) or without (to simulate Supers inside of 75yds) inexpensively is important to me. I have no idea why anyone else would though. 8)