Need Input on PWS Customer Service Practices and Delays

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Need Input on PWS Customer Service Practices and Delays

Post by tallburnedmidget »

Hi everyone, here is my situation. I ordered a brand new rifle from PWS that was due to be shipped by Nov 19, 2012 (last year). The rifle is now 2 months overdue on shipping.

I have called 3 times since Nov 19th and received the same message each time that they were working through an issue (the same issue all 3 times) with the rifle that would be resolved in 3 weeks time (3 calls x 3 weeks for repair per call = 9 weeks of repair time on the same issue). I was told on at least 2 of the 3 calls that they would follow up with me via email within a day or so, which I never received. Additionally, I emailed Lloyd directly asking a question concerning already purchased rifles that have yet to be shipped should an Assault Weapons Ban bill pass before the rifle is ships. I wanted insight from PWS on such a topic, but over 10 business days later and no reply what so ever.

Has anyone had bad experience with PWS before?
Anyone care to share their overall PWS customer service experience?
Anyone care to discus their experience with PWS shipping and/or weapon build delays?

I am OK with waiting on PWS to get the rifle performance right, but I feel as though I am getting the "run around" from them, and basically shafted when it comes to relevant communication. I will give PWS until Feb 20th to update me and then at that point (over 3 months delay) I can no longer let them off the hook for such a poor customer service experience. Any constructive feedback is appreciated. Thanks :)
Lt Dan

Re: Need Input on PWS Customer Service Practices and Delays

Post by Lt Dan »

I own a PWS MK109.
It was ordered Feb 1 of 2012 arrived at the dealer May 1. My stamp arrived the day of the shooting and I picked up the gun that same day. When I ordered it thier web site said it would be a 2 month wait. I called and talked to Loyd or Stacey after two months and I have nothing but good things to say about PWS. My issue was getting paper work back from ATF for the SBR.
They were always up front and contacted me as soon as it shipped.

With the current climate as it is for AR's you don't have much choice because if you don't want it thier are 50K people waiting in line.

Good luck,

Lt Dan
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Thanks for your input Lt. Dan.

I see that they were on time with your shipment. I ordered a new model of rifle from them that is not only a 300 blackout rifle but is also direct impingement. The wait was 180 days. I'm now over 240 days of waiting :(

When I ordered they told me I was one of the first 3 people to have ordered the new rifle model. Like with many things in the business world, I'm guessing they put the product up for sale before it was really ready. It would seem that the manufacturing steps/procedures for this new rifle model are still being sorted out. I guess I'm the lucky early adopter whose rifle is part of the R&D needed to sort out the kinks in production.

You're right. I have no choice but to wait, and I don't mind waiting. I would just like to know that they are being straight with me, for them to give me some reliable input, and to keep their word on their communications with me.

Thanks for your input, it gives me something to go off of :)
Desert scrub
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Desert scrub »

My experience with them has been great. I currently own 2 of their complete rifles, as well as a 300blk upper.
I have used their customer service due to a Short stroking issue with the 300blk upper. They got everything taken care of quickly and were very polite and professional when I was in contact with them.

I would guess that any delay with them right now is tied to the new line of Rifles they are releasing. The Mod1 series.

As far as their rifles go... I have a hard time looking at any other brands after seeing how these perform. My .308 from them has been amazing and my wife's mk114 is perfect. They run very clean, shoot extremely soft, and from everything I can see are accurate. I am not a precision type shooter, but have no problems staying at MOA with their guns.

I really like that they are bringing back an adjustable gas system on their guns. I really wish my Mk216 had it in order to make running suppressed easier.
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Thanks for the input Desert Scrub.

From everything I read and the experiences mentioned so far, I have faith that the rifle will be top notch.
I'll wait until Feb 19th and if I haven't heard anything back from them I'll give them a call that day and try to work with them on how they can make things right.

Until then I will be waiting :)
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Thank you everyone for your input. I called PWS on Feb 19th and I discussed in detail all of the issues I was having with them concerning my rifle order that has been forever late and their lack of honesty in contacting me. Lloyd assured me I would get a call in a day or two with an update on my rifle.

I let 3 weeks pass, and no update. I'm not surprised. I called today and Lloyd answered. He said they had made the decision to cancel the line of rifle production and hadn't gotten around to notifying anyone. I "beat them to the punch".

I asked for my money back which seems to be happening quickly, already received the emails about the refund. I should have asked for 10 months interest as well.

I will not be doing business or recommending business with PWS to anyone. Their true character shined through, and it wasn't pretty. I hope others find this information useful should they run into problems with PWS.
Desert scrub
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Desert scrub »

That's really too bad to hear. Yours is actually the first bad review I've heard about their customer service. My experience has always been great with them.
I was excited to see how those model rifles came out too.
I hope the build you are planning to do comes out well. I also have a soft spot for Nice wood on guns.
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

I was very disappointed. I now have all of the peripheral stuff for that particular rifle but no rifle hahahah. This couldn't have happened at a worse time in the market.

Oh, well I will make sure something good comes out of the experience. I now have a new project too keep me busy... assembling a rifle in this crazy market. It is already one hell of an adventure :)
houlador

Post by houlador »

I think the industry in general is getting big headed with the profits they are making. I have never heard anything bad about PWS, but after my order was placed for a MK109 and down payment given, they contacted my dealer saying no more orders would be taken. This was October of 2012. Then they went to the 12 inch barrel and finally demanded a $100.00 price increase in which my dealer had a very heated discussion. Surprisingly they backed down. First week on November an order was placed for a SWR Spectre 2 can and nothing was heard from them till February. It's very frustrating. Don't! Even get me started on ammo, mags and accessories. I don'think there is much we can do, except wait.
ConfuciusMonkey

Post by ConfuciusMonkey »

Kind of a side question here, I've got a PWS MK116 Mod 1 .300blk coming at the end of this week after ordering it in September of 2012 (SO EXCITED!!). Is the PWS barrel a standard AR-15 barrel? I'm thinking about getting a 5.56 barrel but I guess that wouldn't work if it didn't use the standard ports (seeing as how it is a long-stroke gas piston!).