Not taking orders?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

houlador

Not taking orders?

Post by houlador »

Finally ready for my dealer to place the order on the MK109 and PWS isn't taking orders. Anyone heard when they will start taking them again? Thanks, Troy
Trip5896

Re: Not taking orders?

Post by Trip5896 »

I've gotten all my PWS rifles/uppers from Red's Trading Post in ID. They seem to be PWS main distributor. They're usually $50 cheaper than MSRP and great to deal with.

Just checked their website and they're out of the complete MK109 SBR's, but they have some 109 uppers and complete lowers. I'd give them a call to see if they have any 109's coming in first that aren't taken. If they don't, it'd probably be faster to buy the upper and lower, then SBR it yourself. At least then you'd have the components instead of waiting until who knows when for PWS to start taking orders again...
Trip5896

Post by Trip5896 »

Also, there's a FDE SBR and 2 black 109 pistols on Gunbroker right now.
houlador

Post by houlador »

Trip thanks for your help I will look into it. Have you had any functioning/cycling problems with the MK109 or know anyone that has? Thanks again. Troy. :mrgreen:
Trip5896

Post by Trip5896 »

houlador wrote:Trip thanks for your help I will look into it. Have you had any functioning/cycling problems with the MK109 or know anyone that has? Thanks again. Troy. :mrgreen:
None with mine, however with my current buffer it sometimes doesn't lock back on an empty mag when shooting subs. Then again, I'm using an Enindine hydraulic buffer meant for a 308 AR-10, so I've just switched to a lighter Spike's T2 to see if it solves my issue.

I read at least one, maybe 2 people who had cycling issues and posted on here. If memory serves me right, one had to send his back to PWS to have his gas port enlarged which fixed it. The other had a buffer that was either too heavy or too light, I think. Don't remember if he ever posted his results.
houlador

Post by houlador »

That's good to know. Thanks again.