My PWS Rifles

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Desert scrub
Senior Silent Operator

My PWS Rifles

Post by Desert scrub »

Here are both of my PWS guns. I'll get better pictures up once I find the other Camera.

Top is a Mk216 in 7.62x51mm, bottom is my Mk116 300Blk upper on a Noveske Gen2 lower.
I switched the stocks around shortly after this picture, and will be buying another ACS L stock to go back on the Mk116. I was planning on going with a UBR on both of them but decided that's more weight than I feel like humping around when I go hunting with these. Magpuls MOE stock is probably the worst feeling thing I've ever shouldered. I'd even take a standard CAR stock of this beard ripping monstrosity. Needless to say I'll be switching that out as soon as the cash flow allows. Same with the MOE grips. I'm just not a fan of them or the MIAD. The MOE+ isn't bad, but I really want to try the Bravo Company grips on them.

I still need to order proper optics for both of them, but optics are in la la land as far as money is concerned.
I know the 300Blk will be getting an American Defense mount with a Leatherwood CMR scope sometime in the next few weeks. I really like that particular reticle setup and the glass is really clear. Great bang for the buck optic. As far as optics go on the Mk216, that I am undecided on. US optics has a few pieces that would fit the bill perfectly (1 something-8x types) but are priced far enough up there they are on a long wait list. I'm really open to suggestions on it. I know for Elk season I will probably be putting the CMR on it temporarily just so I can use it this year.

So far I am really impressed with the PWS guns and their staff. I had short stroking issues with my 300blk upper and they got it fixed right up for me. Fast turn around and it's a great shooter now. The way they do their piston it really eats up almost all of the recoil. The Staff at PWS is really polite and are great at taking care of any issues. I am sold on them as a company and will definitely be buying more of their products in the future.

Here's another shot of the 300Blk setup.
Desert scrub
Senior Silent Operator

Re: My PWS Rifles

Post by Desert scrub »

So today was the most fun I've had shooting in a long time. My 300Blk is running perfectly now. No short stroking of any kind, perfect lock back every time. I'll start shooting it for groups next time I get out now that I know it's reliable. I put around 200rds through it today without a hitch.
Shooting it side by side with a friends 5.56 Midlength build the recoil difference was really noticeable. The 5.56 gun had more of a snap to it, along with a much louder report. The 300blk was a real light little push and a whole lot quieter. With this Triad flash hider on it doesn't get the back pressure of a normal brake. I tried a shot without plugs in to see what to expect come deer season. Wow. The UMC 115gr is actually pretty quiet in this rifle. It sounded about like a 22mag. No pain, no ringing ears from it. It's not something I'm going to do as a standard practice, but compared to other guns like AK's and 5.56 AR's this thing is nothing.

As for the Mk216 in 308... I need no other Rifle ever. Ever. Very soft shooting, perfect reliability so far, and for not really trying for accuracy today it never let me down. The only misses I had when running multiple target drills was when my sunglasses slipped down a little. I am going to try a Triad FH on this rifle as well. The concussion from the current brake is pretty brutal for those to either side of me. I'm also going to use this gun for Elk this season.