cycle problems

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Hshredder18

Re: cycle problems

Post by Hshredder18 »

Yeah that post was probably mine. I posted it from my phone but I couldn't view it. Lol. Glad someone seen it.
Hshredder18

Post by Hshredder18 »

Maryland_Shooter wrote:Gentlemen, my advice is to send it back to PWS for repair under warranty.

If for some reason they won't honor it, send them it me and I'll fix the damned thing for free, you just pay the postage both ways and say something nice about me at my funeral - even if you have to make it up.

ETA:

Specify the ammo as FPS - supersonic (my guess) or subsonic?

Do you have a suppressor?
Remington Premier Accutip 125 gr. thats what im shooting. no suppressor
Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Maryland_Shooter »

Hshredder18 wrote:
Maryland_Shooter wrote:Gentlemen, my advice is to send it back to PWS for repair under warranty.

If for some reason they won't honor it, send them it me and I'll fix the damned thing for free, you just pay the postage both ways and say something nice about me at my funeral - even if you have to make it up.

ETA:

Specify the ammo as FPS - supersonic (my guess) or subsonic?

Do you have a suppressor?
Remington Premier Accutip 125 gr. thats what im shooting. no suppressor
Step 1 = send it back to PWS on their dime. From all accounts, they'll make it right.
Step 2 = shoot the thing until your trigger finger bleeds.

If for any reason you can't get them to fix it (handloading for instance), send it to me. These things are not rocket science.

Make a million widgets, a few bad ones are bound to get by; the true measure of a company is what they do when a bad one is brought to their attention.
When I go to bed a law abiding citizen and wake a felon, by the stroke of the legislative pen, tyranny has arrived.

Post complete and accurate info when inquiring about loads, or be ignored.
Hshredder18

Post by Hshredder18 »

Called PWS as talked to Stacey. Cool guy and he is sending me a shipping label an it's going to get fixed. Under gassed is what it sounds like to them.
Taseal
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Taseal »

Let me know what happens.

I'm also curious on the turnaround.

I had a saiga 12 converted and had the barrel shortnened. I had cycling problems and they told me to send it back...

took them 2 months to fix it! then when I bitched at them, they reminded me mine wasn't the only weapon they were working on. then I reminded them that they're not working on mine, but fixing what they couldn't properly make the 1s time.

needless to say, it was a bad experience. (TAC-47 if anyone know who they are)
Trip5896

Post by Trip5896 »

Shame some of you guys are having problems. My MK109 on my SBR registered LWRC 6.8 PSD lower w/Gemtech Sandstorm is fast becoming my favorite rifle/suppressor combo. 4 different types of ammo so far (Cor Bon 110 gr Black Tip, Gunn 130 gr SOST, Remmy 220 gr subs, and 125 gr OTM) and only 1 FTF with a subsonic which I chalked up to break-in and/or an underpowered load. Even shot some of the Gunn and subs unsuppressed just to make sure the bullets were stabilizing properly before screwing on the Sandstorm. No malfunctions but the subs won't cycle the action without a can, which is no surprise.

Stacey is a great guy as well as being very patient in my experience with him. I had a ton of questions for him before buying my MK109. He answered all of them quickly and in great detail. I have no doubt he'll get you squared away, so you'll soon be having as much fun as I am.

Now my MK107 7.62x39 Diablo upper I just took out the other day is a different story...FTF every shot, not sure if it's mags, buffer, spring, or the upper, so looks like I'll be bugging Stacey again soon lol.
DEVIL DOC
Silent But Deadly

Post by DEVIL DOC »

This is bad ju-ju. Makes a great arguement for the standard Di setups which is sad.
Shot placement is a key fundamental which most tired people tend to sleep on, and dark earth is still the new pink. Save the DI's VIVA LA Colt!
Trip5896

Post by Trip5896 »

Forgot to add that the buffer in my 300 setup is an Enidine AR-10 hydraulic buffer I originally bought for my REPR (wouldn't fit so I threw it in my SBR) and spring is whatever the hell LWRC puts in their 6.8 PSD. Guys having trouble might want to give them a call to find out, then duplicate what's working for me if you're not crazy about sending yours back to the factory.

I might've just gotten a malfunction free combo by dumb luck on my first try without having to fiddle with anything. From the all the positive reviews I've found online about their other products, I think they're a solid company with a solid piston operating system.

Hope this helps. I'd like to hear updates on any progress you guys make.
Trip5896

Post by Trip5896 »

Here's a video my buddy slapped together (his first one ever) featuring my 300 Blk PWS MK109 upper.

Unsuppressed rounds were Gunn SOST 130 gr and suppressed were Remmy 220s.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7z0hziqIW18
Desert scrub
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Desert scrub »

I've also had cycling problems with my mk116 upper. It's on it's way back from pws now.
Apparently it cycles fine for them with 110gr and 125gr loads, but wouldn't work for me with the rem 115gr. Seeing as that's the cheap stuff, that's the bulk of what I'll be shooting through it. I really hope that opening up the gas port a bit more took care of it.
I had lots of short stroking and no lock back on empty.

Their service has been great and they've been really helpful in trouble shooting with me before I sent it in. Their service is one of the primary reasons I purchased from them, besides really liking their design.
I've never had any issues with any of the 5.56 guns they make, and think they might have just erred on he small side with the gas ports on the 300blk uppers in an effort to make sure they aren't over gassed.
I'll see what it does when it comes back, hopefully it'll be here this week so I have it for vacation next weekend.