cycle problems

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

Re: cycle problems

Post by Maryland_Shooter »

Taseal wrote:
sniiped wrote:So far they want me to try a higher grain bullet. Taking into consideration which gun I have (mk116) I'm thinking I can put a "softer" buffer spring in there or take a standard one and trim it down so it has less resistance. I'm searching around the net and I'm seeing buffer springs for as low as $3. Any one know of a buffer spring that is slightly softer than a standard buffer spring? Any input and help with this is greatly appreciated. Also, would a heavier or lighter buffer be another option? Thanks again.
Honestly, shouldn't it just work? 300 BLK is always advertised as "change the barrel and you're good to go"

if you have to try higher grain bullets, change out buffer springs... It's kind of self trouble shooting which you shouldn't have to do for a $1200 upper don't ya think?
Novel approach. I have a SBR lower, runs great on a 5.56/6.8, but not on the 300 BLK. So I am supposed to do what? Modify it to run the 300 BLK, then have issues with 5.56 and 6.8?

I don't think so.

I'll send $200 to ATF when I have the $ and another lower, but "Shouldn't it just work?"
When I go to bed a law abiding citizen and wake a felon, by the stroke of the legislative pen, tyranny has arrived.

Post complete and accurate info when inquiring about loads, or be ignored.
copenhagen
Senior Silent Operator

Post by copenhagen »

if you have to try higher grain bullets, change out buffer springs... It's kind of self trouble shooting which you shouldn't have to do for a $1200 upper don't ya think?
^^THIS.
Novel approach. I have a SBR lower, runs great on a 5.56/6.8, but not on the 300 BLK. So I am supposed to do what? Modify it to run the 300 BLK, then have issues with 5.56 and 6.8?

I don't think so.
^^It isn't like you are talking about the difference in cycling a .22LR and a 5.56x45mm here. Yes, your lower should run both without issue. . .in my humble opinion. You don't care? Up to you. I would not be satisfied with that.
Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

copenhagen wrote:
^^THIS.

I don't think so.
^^It isn't like you are talking about the difference in cycling a .22LR and a 5.56x45mm here. Yes, your lower should run both without issue. . .in my humble opinion. You don't care? Up to you. I would not be satisfied with that.

Agreed!
When I go to bed a law abiding citizen and wake a felon, by the stroke of the legislative pen, tyranny has arrived.

Hshredder18

Post by Hshredder18 »

I'm having the same problem with my PWS mk116 300 blackout. I'm shooting unsupressed. Remington 125 grain. I can shoot the first bullet but after that it doesn't grab another. It cycles the spent round out but that's it. Any answers yet. You still having problems. I'm about to call PWS tomorrow and see what's up.
Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

Hshredder18 wrote:I'm having the same problem with my PWS mk116 300 blackout. I'm shooting unsupressed. Remington 125 grain. I can shoot the first bullet but after that it doesn't grab another. It cycles the spent round out but that's it. Any answers yet. You still having problems. I'm about to call PWS tomorrow and see what's up.
Under gassed is a guess. Seen this before. Bolt doesn't travel far enough back to pick up the fresh rounds.

Put one in a mag, fire it. Doesn't lock open on the empty mag = under gassed.

Have you tried this test?

Hshredder18

Post by Hshredder18 »

Yeah doesn't lock open. So whats next. Never had anything like this happen. Always bought shit that worked.
Hshredder18

Post by Hshredder18 »

Oh and thanks for responding back.
Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

Gentlemen, my advice is to send it back to PWS for repair under warranty.

If for some reason they won't honor it, send them it me and I'll fix the damned thing for free, you just pay the postage both ways and say something nice about me at my funeral - even if you have to make it up.

ETA:

Specify the ammo as FPS - supersonic (my guess) or subsonic?

Do you have a suppressor?

AR-300
Silent But Deadly

Post by AR-300 »

Hshredder18 wrote:Yeah doesn't lock open. So whats next. Never had anything like this happen. Always bought shit that worked.
check gas tube alignment
PSA 10.5" & 16'' FN CHF CL 300 AAC Blackout
Taseal
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Taseal »

Please call PWS, they supposedly have a very very good customer service. they WILL fix it. I'm sure of this...

talk to stacey tomorrow. this needs to be brought to his attention, I've heard 3-4 people so far having problems... someone just posted the same problem on their fb page now.