cycle problems

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

copenhagen
Senior Silent Operator

Re: cycle problems

Post by copenhagen »

Now my MK107 7.62x39 Diablo upper I just took out the other day is a different story...FTF every shot, not sure if it's mags, buffer, spring, or the upper, so looks like I'll be bugging Stacey again soon lol.
Mine runs great. It doesn't like the Hornady steel stuff though because the bullets are seated too far in. Stick with milsurp or wolf and it is fabulous. I did kill a 4 point buck with the Hornady though.

Hshredder18

Post by Hshredder18 »

Sent my Mk116 in about 3 weeks ago that reworked the feed ramps and openeed the gas port up alittle more and now it shoots great.
Trip5896

Post by Trip5896 »

copenhagen wrote:
Now my MK107 7.62x39 Diablo upper I just took out the other day is a different story...FTF every shot, not sure if it's mags, buffer, spring, or the upper, so looks like I'll be bugging Stacey again soon lol.
Mine runs great. It doesn't like the Hornady steel stuff though because the bullets are seated too far in. Stick with milsurp or wolf and it is fabulous. I did kill a 4 point buck with the Hornady though.

Used some Herters FMJ and Hornady, but didn't like either of them. Do you run yours suppressed full-time? What kind of buffer are you using?
copenhagen
Senior Silent Operator

Post by copenhagen »

I do not run mine suppressed all the time (maybe half the time...) I am using a PWS-T2 buffer.
Desert scrub
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Desert scrub »

I just got my upper back from PWS this afternoon. Looking at the shell deflector the ejection is definitely stronger now than when I sent it in. I'll hopefully get some range time this weekend to test it out again.
Desert scrub
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Desert scrub »

Finally got a chance to take the Mk116 down to a friends place and test it into his bullet trap. Sweetness.
It cycles 100% and with lock back now on his lower with a Carbine buffer in it, and cycles on my lower with a spikes t2 but with no Lock back on empty. I'm going to throw a carbine buffer in mine until I get my can and then switch back. I'm so stoked now that it is running properly, I think every weekend from here on out will be spent out in the desert with this thing. So soft shooting.
DEVIL DOC
Silent But Deadly

Post by DEVIL DOC »

Pics.......btw PWS is selling a trimmed top rail on their site for AAC type users.
Shot placement is a key fundamental which most tired people tend to sleep on, and dark earth is still the new pink. Save the DI's VIVA LA Colt!
USBP379
Silent But Deadly

Post by USBP379 »

DEVIL DOC wrote:Pics.......btw PWS is selling a trimmed top rail on their site for AAC type users.
Got a link or part number? I don't see the trimmed MK109 rail on their site.
sniiped

Post by sniiped »

all woes have been corrected. shipped the mk116 back to pws and they have correct the problem entirely. shot it today, and it ran amazingly. i'm looking forward to buying more uppers from them.
Desert scrub
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Desert scrub »

sniiped wrote:all woes have been corrected. shipped the mk116 back to pws and they have correct the problem entirely. shot it today, and it ran amazingly. i'm looking forward to buying more uppers from them.
I'm flat out addicted to their builds after getting my 300 cycling and picking up one of their 308's. I almost picked up a complete mk116 in 5.56 for my wife yesterday. Great customer service and a great product.