cycle problems

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

sniiped

Re: cycle problems

Post by sniiped »

Desert scrub wrote:
sniiped wrote:all woes have been corrected. shipped the mk116 back to pws and they have correct the problem entirely. shot it today, and it ran amazingly. i'm looking forward to buying more uppers from them.
I'm flat out addicted to their builds after getting my 300 cycling and picking up one of their 308's. I almost picked up a complete mk116 in 5.56 for my wife yesterday. Great customer service and a great product.
i agree 100%. i'm looking into getting one of their .308's as well. i also intend on getting one more lower, 5.56, and a 7.62x39 upper from them. when i started shopping for the 300 blk i wanted a good rifle, but i didn't realize i was buying the best one (arguably) on the market. i'll continue to buy their products until they prove me wrong.
Klem
Silent But Deadly

Post by Klem »

What did they say was wrong with it? Do you know what they did to fix it?
HighSpeedLowDrag

Post by HighSpeedLowDrag »

Never experienced any issues with mine.
Desert scrub
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Desert scrub »

Klem wrote:What did they say was wrong with it? Do you know what they did to fix it?
In my case it was just a slight under gassed problem. They opened up the gas port for me and now it runs perfectly.
sniiped

Post by sniiped »

Desert scrub wrote:
Klem wrote:What did they say was wrong with it? Do you know what they did to fix it?
In my case it was just a slight under gassed problem. They opened up the gas port for me and now it runs perfectly.
had the same issue. this is what my trouble ticket consisted of.
"The gas port was opened up and the gas block switched out."
they my gun repaired the day they received it. waiting for shipping was the most painful part of the process.
okent

Post by okent »

Not to resurrect an old thread but I have a 16" upper that has been sitting for about a year and finally got a chance to take it out. Having short stroke issues with supers and subs without a can and will only cycle supers with a suppressor.
Going back and forth with their email CS.

They keep asking if I have tried different gas settings but the upper has no adjustment which tells me they have changed their system.
Did anyone have the old style like me and if so did they change it out to the new setup?

Hopefully they will have it sent back to make it right.
Desert scrub
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Desert scrub »

Sounds like you have a Mod 0 model like mine and not the new Mod 1 w adjustable gas that they have moved to. Don't worry about switching it over to the new gas system.

How many rounds have you fired through it? Is it well lubed? Mine needed lube when I first got them but now run fine dry.
okent

Post by okent »

I put about 4 mags through the gun of both super and subs and it seemed very under gassed.
I did get ahold of PWS and they sent out a call tag and are picking up shipping.
Seems like there were a few that went out with undersized gas ports.

I tried running it both wet and dry and the gun just wouldn't work.
PWS also said they cannot convert to the new adjustable gas system.

Edited to add I have a 5.56 PWS upper that runs very well.