trigger options

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

sniiped

trigger options

Post by sniiped »

yesterday i ordered my mk116 in 300 blk, and i was curious on trigger upgrades. any one have any suggestions? i can see this is a pretty popular topic :roll: , but thought i'd try anyways.
nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

Re: trigger options

Post by nolwark76 »

You can send your lower to JP Enterprises and they will install one of their awesome triggers for just above the price of the trigger. It's cheaper to do that than to buy one and have a local smith install it. If you are going to do it yourself, I would recommend the same or a Rock River National Match 2 stage. The JP is a single stage. Personnally, it doesn't matter to me whether I shoot a single to two stange trigger. Some will say go single, other's will say go two stage. I don't think you'll be able to tell much difference especially since this isn't a prone precision rifle. It will be plenty accurate but you didn't buy it to bench rest shoot with. Go with what you can afford and get in a time frame you want. I have two RRA NM triggers and two JP triggers. I like them both.
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

I prefer Geissele triggers.
They are very good and very tough.
For less expensive options, I would recommend the RRA NM 2 stage. Mine has been great.
There are also adjustable triggers and more "match" or "target" oriented triggers out there, so it really depends on what you want to do.
I wanted a match quality two stage that would be sort of "combat tough". The Geissele fit the bill for that roll. I have the RRA in my CMP style 20" A2 rifle and a Chip McCormick very light trigger in my scoped AR15 "target rifle". As the poster above mentioned, everyone will have different preferences. I prefer two stage triggers.
eracer
Senior Silent Operator

Post by eracer »

The best feeling trigger I own is a Wilson Combat TTU.

I have three Geissele triggers, and they are great.

I have two Alexander Arms Tactical Triggers, and they are fine triggers for less money. They do have set screws to adjust takeup and overtravel. Some might see this as a negative in a combat trigger.