Noveske 10.2" barrel vs 10.5" in 300nlk, same or different?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

D Boy Elite

Noveske 10.2" barrel vs 10.5" in 300nlk, same or different?

Post by D Boy Elite »

Anyone know if these are the same barrel or does Noveske offer them in both 10.2 and 10.5? I'm trying to achieve a look with minimal barrel showing after the end of the 9" NSR. According to the website, Noveske has different pictures shown for uppers for sale, with both exposed barrel and unexposed barrel for the same upper same barrel length of 10.5". With the standard 10.5 barrel and NSR 9" rail you can clearly see there is about .75" of barrel exposed(not what I like). However, under the same listing, 10.5" barrel with the 9" SWS quad rail and AAC flash hider attached there is no exposed barrel(the look I'm after). The base of the AAC flash covers most of the barrel and sits almost flush with the end of the quad rail. Noveske sales rep doesn't know and stated that it was the angle in which the photo was taken, I called BS on him and showed photos of their product from the Internet, clearly shows 10.5" barrel with both 9" NSR and 9" quad rail that has no extra barrel exposed, from many different angles.

Finally he stated that they can cut the barrel down but it voids the warrantee, because they do not offer the 300blk barrel in 10.2". If this is the case why is everyone online referring to two different barrel lengths? I could only think of two posibilities,first is that the factory 10.5" uppers with 9.15" NSR rails have barrels cut at the factory, or second possibility, that the SWS 9"quad rail is actually longer than the 9.15" NSR ultimately leaving less exposed barrel.

Any experience or suggestions would help guys! I will be running the AAC 51T flash hider/silencer adapter.
polizei1
Silent But Deadly

Re: Noveske 10.2" barrel vs 10.5" in 300nlk, same or different?

Post by polizei1 »

Noveske used to manufacture barrels at 0.2", but they seized production in favor of the 0.5". You may still be able to find a used 10.2" for sale, but if you want a new one, you're going to have to get it cut down if that's the look you're after (they still make a 12.2" in 300blk for some reason, and 13.7" in 556). If you're obviously going the SBR route, you should just get the 8.5" IMO.

I agree with you though, the 0.2"s match up better IMO, I don't know why they stopped making them. I love my 8.2".
Southern 300

Re: Noveske 10.2" barrel vs 10.5" in 300nlk, same or different?

Post by Southern 300 »

I have the 10.2". I picked it up from the Noveske website right before they began selling the 10.5".

I will always believe Noveske had a reason for going with 10.2" and that the spec was changed to 10.5" to increase profit margins. Noveske's reasoning may have been as simple as "something different" but my barrel shoots well.

My vote would be to run down the 10.2" if that is really what you want. Rainer Arms sometimes has them in stock. I doubt the 10.5" barrel would be a bad barrel to have since I don't see The current Noveske company turning out bad barrels.