John Noveske would be proud...

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

dellet
Silent But Deadly

Re: John Noveske would be proud...

Post by dellet »

Dr.Phil wrote:
dellet wrote:What velocity were the COD's running?
Broke out the chrono just for you...
10 shot average = 1,880 fps, SD=10
4 in group @ 100 yards (Good size if you consider typical supersonic COD groups...)
Good to hear you got out. Hopefully a good first impression of the new barrel?

I still have a few that you sent, and the weather looks like it might cooperate this weekend. I still have not shot any of those as a super, so it might be fun.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
Smoke
Silent But Deadly

Post by Smoke »

Love my 10.5 " Noveski .. Its scary accurate
FFL, SOT

lover of things that go bang or silently make things fall over C:
wildfowler
Silent But Deadly

Post by wildfowler »

They treated me equally well with my situation which was as you. I bought a complete 10" upper within the first few months of them being available. My issue was that subsonic ammo would not group at all. Supersonic was very accurate and at the time that was my primary objective so I too didn't worry about until sometime last summer.

I got a call from them the day they received my upper. They offered to inspect my barrel and either re-cut the chamber or replace the barrel of they found something wrong. I agreed and got a call about an hour later from Noveske informing me they would be replacing the barrel that probably had well over 3-4000 rounds at the time I sent it in.

They will certainly continue to get good PR and business from me.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dr.Phil »

Not to necropost, but I finally got off my a$$ and did some more testing with this barrel.

I don't know why I was surprised, but I was surprised to discover that my replacement barrel is awesome.
Broke out some old test ammo that I had given up on, since it wouldn't run in my old barrel, and tested it out.
NOE 247 grain subs = perfect feeding, locked back on empty mag
110 V-Max loaded to max listed book load = perfect feeding, locked back on empty mag, no pressure signs (AVG velocity = 2,163 fps)
I never could get either of those two loads to run reliably, or without pressure signs.

I also tested out some 125 grain SMKs with 17.5gr of N110. (Seated to SAAMI length)
Less than 3/4 MOA @ 100 yards, average velocity of 2,100 fps, and zero signs of pressure.
(Never was able to see that kind of velocity with the original barrel.)
If I used H110 or Lil-Gun', I'm sure I could get that velocity much higher.

Anyhow, sorry for being delinquent with my posts on this board.
Thought that I would stop by and update this thread with my test results.
Now all I have to do is get into the subsonic accuracy competition that dellet has going...
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Dr.Phil wrote: I also tested out some 125 grain SMKs with 17.5gr of N110. (Seated to SAAMI length)
Less than 3/4 MOA @ 100 yards, average velocity of 2,100 fps, and zero signs of pressure.
(Never was able to see that kind of velocity with the original barrel.)
If I used H110 or Lil-Gun', I'm sure I could get that velocity much higher.

Anyhow, sorry for being delinquent with my posts on this board.
Thought that I would stop by and update this thread with my test results.
Now all I have to do is get into the subsonic accuracy competition that dellet has going...
Nice to have you stop by. Thought maybe you'd been tossed in the back of a black van like a side of beef or something :shock:

Having a good barrel makes all the difference in the fun factor. It's hard to measure the mental advantage you have every time you pick it up to use it, knowing the folks at Noveske really cared about it.

We all look forward to seeing a target posted soon.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

I hadn't read this a whole thread until now, I had only scanned it.

I'm pleased reading it. I just dropped a bit shy of 2500.00 on a Noveske SBR (that I probably won't see until next spring :x ) and the Noveske reputation like described here was what made me ante up the premium as opposed to other known names.

It's gonna be a long winter of waiting. Pity Mrs BlogSarge, she's gotta live with me...
Alphawolf082
Silent But Deadly

Post by Alphawolf082 »

I've been very happy with my 8.2" Noveske. It runs all I've thrown at it. I've only been about to get around 1" (VMAX handloads) but that's more on me than the rifle. Very reliable though.