Cycling Issues, 16" GEN I Light Recce Basic MOE Carbine Length 300BLK AR

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

lonewulff

Cycling Issues, 16" GEN I Light Recce Basic MOE Carbine Length 300BLK AR

Post by lonewulff »

I bought this rifle in late December of 2015, brand new out of the box directly from Noveske. My first 30 rounds of Black Hills Ammunition 300 Blackout Compatible 300 Whisper 125 grain OTM, were all cycled and extracted without any issues. My second 30 round PMAG magazine which was using Remington UMC 120 Grain OTFB, had three failures to extract, and two bullets getting jammed on the bolt lock and chamber (because they were hanging down too much). So I assumed they were short strokes, due to the fact i had not lubricated any of the bolt carrier group, The second time i went shooting, i had no issues once again with my first magazine. My third magazine after reloading, had the same issues my second magazine had the first time i shot the rifle. So i just went shooting yesterday, after i just recently recieved some new ammo i have been wanting to try. The brand is called GEMTECH and i am using their 300BLK FMJ 147 grain Supersonic rounds. I have not seen any negative reviews of their ammo. Anyways my first round from the magazine was chambered manually with the charger, without any problems. After firing the first round, the rifle failed to cycle the second round in the magazine. I checked to see what had happened, and sure enough the bolt failed to catch the next round. In a closer inspection of what had happened,i realized that the bolt had slid over the top and back from the primer cap to the bullet on the shell. It made a small dent on the edge of the primer cap, and scratched all the way down the shell to the bullet. I have not dealt with this issue before, and i am not sure what to do exactly to fix it. I am looking for any suggestions to my root cause, or possibly some helpful advice before i make any purchases for the solution. I really love this gun, and i just want it to work without failure. Any help is greatly appreciated. *I checked the gas block Fixed front sight base, F marked, .750 and it was tightly secure and lined up from what i can tell. I'm thinking its the obvious loading issues with the PMAG design, i am going to fix my PMAG's and buy GI Mags....After i get a 300BLK specific cleaning kit, and lube her up i will get back on any changes in function...

Thank you.

The Rifle and PMAG Magazines

Stock Noveske Charging Handle

Stock Bolt Carrier Group

Stock Magpul CTR Milspec Buffer Tube Kit/Recoil Spring 11"

Mag 1 round

Mag 2 round