Suppressor help

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

akleatherhead

Suppressor help

Post by akleatherhead »

Just ordered a Noveske 10.5" and need some suggestion on suppressors. What are your recommendations?
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Re: Suppressor help

Post by steven11b »

Only plan to use it on one gun or multiple calibers?
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Post by Guest762 »

AAC cyclone
Direct thread works fine. I have a QD and don't think it's any better, only advantage I can really see is it uses the muzzle device as the blast chamber
akleatherhead

Post by akleatherhead »

steven11b wrote:Only plan to use it on one gun or multiple calibers?
Good question! Haven't really given it much thought. I guess my follow up question is: does it matter, is it better to have a dedicated can or is a mutiple caliber can just as good? I have a 223/5.56 and hope to own a 7.62 soon? So you tell me what should I do? And I say that in a friendly way as I have absolutely no experience to draw upon.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

akleatherhead wrote:
steven11b wrote:Only plan to use it on one gun or multiple calibers?
Good question! Haven't really given it much thought. I guess my follow up question is: does it matter, is it better to have a dedicated can or is a mutiple caliber can just as good? I have a 223/5.56 and hope to own a 7.62 soon? So you tell me what should I do? And I say that in a friendly way as I have absolutely no experience to draw upon.
If money is no object, the best answer is to have a dedicated can for each caliber. If you are poor like me, I intend to have a 30 cal can for use with 7.62 and 5.56 and another can .22 LR. The baffle systems will be different is the main reason.
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Post by steven11b »

If you plan to use it on say a SBR 5.56 rifle, 7.62 sbr I would look into a stronger can then say a dedicated 300blkout, non sbr 5.56 or 7.62.

With that being said I am a fan of silencerco products, they have great customer service and there rifle cans usually come with a free muzzle device if you go the QD route. They also throw in free gear when you register the device on their website.

My vote would be one of the following:
specwar-for price, effectiveness and durability.
Saker- tough can, very versatile with mounting options but it is spendy.
Omega- middle of road price, very lightweight and great effectiveness on 300blkout.
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne