10.5 Noveske 300BLK barrel issues

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Sub-moa

Re: 10.5 Noveske 300BLK barrel issues

Post by Sub-moa »

Next Update*

Tim the President of Noveske gave me a call today since they still have the barrel. I don't fault them because I know how busy it can be during the beginning of the year. It was nice that he personally called though. Anyways... He said one of his guys test fired it and got 1" groups shooting Hornady 110gr factory loads. I asked for the load but was just told it was factory. I guess this barrel really doesn't like Nosler 125BT with either H110 or W296. He asked to hold on to it for another week so he could personally shoot it and I obliged.

I'll keep you all updated!
Alphawolf082
Silent But Deadly

Post by Alphawolf082 »

Sub-moa wrote:Next Update*

Tim the President of Noveske gave me a call today since they still have the barrel. I don't fault them because I know how busy it can be during the beginning of the year. It was nice that he personally called though. Anyways... He said one of his guys test fired it and got 1" groups shooting Hornady 110gr factory loads. I asked for the load but was just told it was factory. I guess this barrel really doesn't like Nosler 125BT with either H110 or W296. He asked to hold on to it for another week so he could personally shoot it and I obliged.

Right on. Try that 110Vmax load i gave ya when you get it back. Might set ya up.
MMA10mm
Silent But Deadly

Post by MMA10mm »

Sub-moa wrote:Next Update*

Can't complain about that level of service.

I bet Noveske is also concerned and wants to try out the Nosler bullet themselves. No company wants to put out a product like a rifle which gets a reputation for not working with a certain other product, when they should work together...

I suppose another possibility is you got a rare bad box of Noslers? Did all your handloads thus far get loaded from one box of bullets? Might want to check that lot number and order another box from a different lot.
firedavis
Silent But Deadly

Post by firedavis »

Not that I am an expert by any means but every time I hand loaded the 125 Noslers I got horrible groups. I have used the 125 SST with great results along with barnes 110's, hornady 130, and hornady 110 vmax&soft points. Just could never get a good result with 125 nolsers. Barrels were a 16 inch & 8 inch noveske and a 16 inch AR stoner.

Just my experience
Sub-moa

Post by Sub-moa »

I need to buy some of those Vmax's and try them out. I have shot different lots of the 125BT's with the same results.

No, I wasn't complaining at all when Tim called. I really appreciated the phone call. That was great customer service.

I am glad Noveske is being so active with this especially since they have partnered with Nosler to make Subsonic ammunition for them. I did find it odd that Tim Dillon had never shot any 125BT's out of a Noveske 300BLK barrel before. He also stated he was excited to try out the new Nosler Subsonic ammunition. That is weird to me because I would be one of the first guys to be helping test a round that would have my name on the box. But I guess that is just me.
Sub-moa

Post by Sub-moa »

Taylor from Noveske called me today. Tim Dillon has been extremely busy and never had a chance to get out and shoot the upper. They swapped out my barrel for a brand new one and are sending it back with the targets to show the groups they got at around 1.25-2". They are also sending a free upper sleeve.

So overall, Noveske has badass customer service albeit slow due to the time of year I sent it in. I will more than likely be selling the upper receiver when it gets back to me as I prefer the other one I have (unless it shoots better than the last one.) I hope this didn't come off as me bashing Noveske the whole time. I just say things how they are whether good or bad.

I write this so you guys can make up your own mind with as little bias as possible. My biggest pet peeve is fan boys who think a company can do no wrong. No one is perfect but when they display great customer service and humility; I will think of them as a great Company. Noveske did just that.
Sub-moa

Post by Sub-moa »

Ok, I got the upper back from Noveske this week. I haven't had a chance to go out and shoot it yet. Hopefully I will have time tomorrow. Anyways, here are the two targets Noveske sent back with the upper. The second target has no writing on it so I don't know what ammunition was used to get those groups. These groups were shot by their gunsmiths, not a match shooter fyi.

Alphawolf082
Silent But Deadly

Post by Alphawolf082 »

Nice man. That lower group on the last target looks about like groups from most of my hand loads (I'm not expert loader by any stretch so whatever that is worth...).

Let us know how it works out once your make some rounds. Also I'd be interested to hear how picky your chamber is. Mine is rather tight, I'm not used to that...
Alphawolf082
Silent But Deadly

Post by Alphawolf082 »

Oh and one more thing that i may not have mentioned, my barrel LOVES the 150 gr Freedom Munitions rounds. I'm getting consistent sub MOA from them. A lot of people on here aren't fond of FM, but their new ammo is working well for me. Prices are about normal it seems. I've not had the chance to build a 150 gr hand load but I'm interested to see if the barrel has an affinity for them. That would be awesome since they're some of the cheapest FMJ bullets to be had...
ppelaez

Post by ppelaez »

I've got the 8.2" Noveske and I'm having similar results with hand loaded 125 SMK's and 110 TAC-TX's. Pretty awful groups (3 - 4 inches @ 100 yds). The other day I picked up a box of factory loaded Hornady 110 VMAX's. Sub-MOA groups @ 100yds. So, I guess I finally found something this gun likes. I was hoping to do some deer hunting with this gun so I'd sure like to find a way to get it to shoot the TAC-TX decently.