Best place to buy Noveske Upper

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Xshark

Re: Best place to buy Noveske Upper

Post by Xshark »

Xshark wrote:I put an order in at DSGArms.com. Just the upper.

I need to find a lower now.....

Thanks for the advice!
Backorder worked for me as well. I should receive my upper today!

Now to get a lower....
Viper550

Post by Viper550 »

Xshark wrote:
Xshark wrote:I put an order in at DSGArms.com. Just the upper.

I need to find a lower now.....

Thanks for the advice!
Backorder worked for me as well. I should receive my upper today!

Now to get a lower....

I also did a backorder on Jan. 18th and I should be receiving my upper tomorrow! 8)
Slaine777
Silent Operator

Post by Slaine777 »

Crap, my backorder was placed Jan 21 and I haven't heard anything. Looks like I have to wait for the next batch.
DVW

Post by DVW »

I placed an order with Midway 23 December, 2012, for the 16" barreled Rogue Hunter upper assembly. The estimated delivery date was about mid Jan. I think. The EDD slipped several times, now it's 25 April, and Midway cannot( or will not) tell me anything, except that I can cancel my order if I wish. Similar situation with Brownells- I ordered a 10 pack of their 30 round magazines 23 December 2012. They can't tell me anything, either. Sounds like a bunch of priority orders taking precedence. Brownels always said first in, first out. They got caught in that lie, and had to 'fess up to the world. Now they seem to have decided silence is the best policy. I've E-mailed Noveske several times, no reply. Seems they believe in silence, too.

Update 8April 2013- the estimated in-stock date of the Rogue Hunter upper assembly at Midway has changed from 25April, to "unknown". Anyone know what's going on at Noveske? Seems they may be having some problems...
:roll:
DarkPhoenix
Silent Operator

Post by DarkPhoenix »

All manufacturers are having "problems" right now... Demand is far outpacing supply, almost everywhere.

Get on backorder and wait, it works. It sucks, but if it is what you want, that is what you are going to have tp do.
DVW

Post by DVW »

DarkPhoenix wrote:All manufacturers are having "problems" right now... Demand is far outpacing supply, almost everywhere.

Get on backorder and wait, it works. It sucks, but if it is what you want, that is what you are going to have tp do.

I understand supply vs. demand- what I don't understand is the lack of candor, and in Brownell's case, an out and out lie. Lack of information leads to wild conjecture by some people. I hope to avoid that, if only Noveske will give out some information. I've been waiting almost 4 months now- the estimated delivery date slipped several times, and is now simply "unknown". If Noveske has time to make a risque video, they should have time to give a bit of serious information. I guess customer service isn't a priority.
DarkPhoenix
Silent Operator

Post by DarkPhoenix »

Fair enough, since your order was placed through Midway, give them a call and see if they can provide you with some information. Hopefully they can say something like, " we received an order that was placed on xx/xx/xx last week", to give you some idea of where it could be in the works. They are a good company and maybe can offer you some better options.
Good Luck!

Ps: maybe call Rainier Arms and see if they can help. I had to pay for my upper in advance, but it ONLY took 3.5 months... I did order in November though, and when I checked with them in January they were saying 4-6 months on new orders.
DarkPhoenix
Silent Operator

Post by DarkPhoenix »

Heres another lead for you...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =336475283

I have bought guns and an upper from Bullseye. Good feedback and a board sponsor. Give them a call and see what else they have in stock.
Slaine777
Silent Operator

Post by Slaine777 »

Noveske has reduced their 300 BLK product line to 10.2" and 16" barrel lengths. They are filling their backorders for other lengths and not taking new orders for those lengths. They are doing that to focus on making product instead of changing tooling. Once they get caught up they plan to return to making the other barrel lengths. I know they are doing this for 300BLK and believe they are doing the same for all other calibers.
DarkPhoenix
Silent Operator

Post by DarkPhoenix »