removing flash hider

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

demented

Re: removing flash hider

Post by demented »

Any of you willing to let me borrow the tool. . I'll pay shipping to and from and if you're interested in a 51t flash hider 5/8x24 would sell at discount for loaning me tool. :) have good feed back on ebay akfiles and ar15 .. just pretty new here. Thanks!
AccurateOkie

Post by AccurateOkie »

demented wrote:Any of you willing to let me borrow the tool. . I'll pay shipping to and from and if you're interested in a 51t flash hider 5/8x24 would sell at discount for loaning me tool. :) have good feed back on ebay akfiles and ar15 .. just pretty new here. Thanks!

The tool is fairly inexpensive to buy and is something that one should have on hand for any work on the upper receiver. I used to use this exact tool but now use the Geissele reaction rod.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/730930 ... uctFinding

This is only one version of the tool to hold the upper receiver, but I would recommend one that has more contact points than just the pins. I would hate to brake that area and have to replace the receiver.
demented

Post by demented »

I meant the flash hider removal tool. And since I'm switching to silencerco trifecta only need to remove once
AccurateOkie

Post by AccurateOkie »

I used that tool and a wrench and it came right off. Now, that being said, the person who installed it may not have put a liberal coating of rock set on it.
demented

Post by demented »

Yea i tried that and started to bend the wrench flats so that won't work for me. . Going to need the tool or take to gun smith unfortunately.
AccurateOkie

Post by AccurateOkie »

Looking at some other forums they say to soak it in water overnight or put it in water and bring to a rolling boil and then quickly remove it with a wrench. People I know say soak it in water overnight.