Model 1 300 BLK site

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Klondike

Re: Model 1 300 BLK site

Post by Klondike »

Maineshootah wrote:Ordered the other day... was told a 5-6 week wait before shipping.
Do you have your yet? Ordered on April 24th and still waiting ship notification
cookiecutter

Post by cookiecutter »

FYI ... they told me 5-6 weeks to ship. I ordered on April 6, and it shipped May 17 ... just under 6 weeks. I'd say that they are setting expectations VERY well. On the other hand, mine looks like it was built on an out of spec upper :cry: ... none of the mags I tried would lock in place with any of my lowers (and my lowers all measure well within spec and work fine on all my other uppers).

I've spent my whole life in manufacturing, so I know that sometimes things happen. So far they have been good about it and it just arrived back at their place yesterday for their review. Based on their reputation I'm sure they will make it right. While I'm anxious to get it running, I don't have any hunts or anything happening in the next couple of weeks, so it was probably good for them that it happened to me and not to someone that was needing it with some urgency.

CC
Klondike

Post by Klondike »

Well finally got it and went to range. Quality was good. Performed flawlessly across a number of bullet weights 110gr to 208gr.

Other than the wait great stuff.
cookiecutter

Post by cookiecutter »

Just to follow up, things worked out just as I had expected with my defective upper. They must have torn into my repair the day it arrived because it arrived back at my place (with a new and tested upper receiver) only 7 calendar days after it got to them and UPS is a solid 4 days transit time. I haven't had a chance to fire it, but it now functions just like it should. The folks there said that the relief cut for the mag in the first upper was off by about 0.008" ... which is close to what I would have expected based on how it ALMOST worked. They were very easy to do business with and provided great customer service. You hope that you don't ever need to deal with that part of a company, but every once in a while you do ... nice to have it be painless when that happens.

CC
cwittig

Post by cwittig »

My model 1 300 is the 5th AR from them, last friday night dropped a 250+ sow with 125gr SP hand load 1 shot to the head DRT. On paper it will shoot around 1" at 100, good enoght to be MOPig. Now to load up some 247gr. subs and see what they will do(can shipped from manf. now we wait!)

I, too, have a Model 1 upper in 300 Blackout on a Sig lower. What 247 grn bullet are you loading? What is your recipe?
I am working up a load of MBC 245 grn flat nose using A1680. I am up to 9.5 grns, but it short cycles. I got rained out before I could move up to 10 grns, but I'm afraid they'll go supersonic out of a 16" barrel. Hopefully, I'll get some time to play with it more this weekend. I haven't tested them for accuracy, I'm still trying to get past the feeding problems.
I'm kind of new here, so please bear with me.
cwittig

Post by cwittig »

OK, I was able to test fire some 245 grn MBC lead flat nose with 10 grns of A1680, and it was still not enough to cycle the bolt back far enough to pick up the next round. I believe the answer is a reduced power buffer spring. I have one on order from Model 1. When it comes in, I'll report more.
Aceman58

Post by Aceman58 »

Great to hear this, My Model "1" complete upper is still in "Pending" and should be built withing the next two weeks. I've been waiting over 5 weeks now. Looks like the 300 is getting a lot of attention for there to be a backup..

I ordered a YHM lower reciever with PSA trigger group kit and Magpul furniture in FDE color. Also 3 FDE Magpul 10/20 mags to dedicate them to 300 rounds only. Even got a FDE cover from my Aimpoint ML3 Red Dot, can't wait for Model "1" to arrive to finish the build.... Oh, still trying to load pictures on this forum...
nickthefish_del

Post by nickthefish_del »

youngsait wrote:Model1 sales has a reasonably priced 300BLK upper.
The figure is what I bought from them. light, accurate, and very satisfied.

http://www.model1sales.com/index.cfm?fu ... ory_id=656
that's what i ordered. Any idea on the turn around time. I ordered abput 3-1/2 weeks ago and still haven't gotten an email yet.
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn’t so."..Reagan

IMAGINE! A world WITHOUT LIBERALS! :lol:
lil dragon

Post by lil dragon »

nickthefish wrote:
youngsait wrote:Model1 sales has a reasonably priced 300BLK upper.
The figure is what I bought from them. light, accurate, and very satisfied.

http://www.model1sales.com/index.cfm?fu ... ory_id=656
that's what i ordered. Any idea on the turn around time. I ordered abput 3-1/2 weeks ago and still haven't gotten an email yet.
Have you gotten it yet? They gave me an 8-10 week window. I received mine in a little over 9 weeks.
lawdogiii

Post by lawdogiii »

I ordered a 300 Blackout complete upper along with the lower parts kit---took exactly 3 months before it was shipped to me.
A buddy of mine was at a gunshow in Dallas last weekend and bought an upper from them----so I guess they are keeping some for gunshow sales BEFORE they fill orders??