contact

Moderators: bakerjw, renegade

willis

contact

Post by willis »

how is one supposed to get an answer from remington.
i have e-mailed 3 times over the last 3 weeks, also tried to call support 3 times (what a joke, recording talks so fast i cannot understand options then disconnect me).
i have 2 400 round boxes of 220 gr otm green?white box bullets.
they are going supersonic from a 16 inch ar with a supressor
i pulled 3 apart, the powder is severly compressed, i had to dig it out to weight, 10.8 grains in each.
the powder is short rod, greyish brown looking.
do i need to send remaing back or ( bite the bullet) try to take them apart and adjust the load down untill they work like they are supposed to???
thanks for looking,
Willis.
DeaneM1A
Senior Silent Operator

Re: contact

Post by DeaneM1A »

It is very common for subsonic rounds to go supersonic in a 16" barrel, even with a can in place. This is one of the reasons that short barrels (like 9") are very popular with the 300 Bk. Subsonic rounds usual remain subsonic with short barrels.
jryock
Silent But Deadly

Post by jryock »

The can will increase the speed. The temperature, humidity, and altitude also plays a role. I'm sure Remington likely tested them in a 16-inch barrel without a can, but Robert may be able to provide some insight on why is it happening.

Hopefully you can get some resolution to the ammo and contact issues you are having.
willis

Post by willis »

I thought the 300 AAC 16 inch rifle with suppressor was the purpose of the subsonic 220 gr bullets.
short barrel rifles came later as far as I can tell.
I have some H brand 208 gr 300 whisper that are subsonic and cycle fine, they are very quite.
Willis.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

willis wrote:I thought the 300 AAC 16 inch rifle with suppressor was the purpose of the subsonic 220 gr bullets.
short barrel rifles came later as far as I can tell.
Nope. 9" was first and I still have the first one released to the market. Sorry you are having problems. I also have a 16" and I woud hate to have that happen. Hopefully, you will get answer soon. Did you call the Remington Ammunition plant in Lonoke, AR directly? (501)676-3161
"Common sense should be rebranded as uncommon practical knowledge of things you should know.”-nolwark76
willis

Post by willis »

700PSS
I called that number, tried an option, it sent me back to the main offices.
same fast talking recording.
Willis.
thecameraman79
Senior Silent Operator

Post by thecameraman79 »

willis wrote:700PSS
Willis.
"whatcha talkin' about willis?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCrjLVSapII

Sorry I couldn't help myself, :lol:
willis

Post by willis »

ya, I get that a lot :mrgreen:
Willis.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

willis wrote:700PSS
Willis.
Yeah, Option 8 will send you to Oblivion, NC. :P I talked to Lonoke twice, last Thursday. I'm sure I must have selected another option though.
"Common sense should be rebranded as uncommon practical knowledge of things you should know.”-nolwark76
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

DeaneM1A wrote:It is very common for subsonic rounds to go supersonic in a 16" barrel, even with a can in place. This is one of the reasons that short barrels (like 9") are very popular with the 300 Bk. Subsonic rounds usual remain subsonic with short barrels.
Cans speed up velocity.
Remington sets the velocity for each batch of ammunition in a 16 inch barrel. That being said, yes, 16 inch is faster than 9 inch.