LAR OPS - 4 ambidextrous upper

Moderators: bakerjw, renegade

Miles

LAR OPS - 4 ambidextrous upper

Post by Miles »

I'm looking for the billet version. I hard that Remington bought Grizzly arms I really could use some help.
hunter2
Silent But Deadly

Re: LAR OPS - 4 ambidextrous upper

Post by hunter2 »

That could explane why I can not get one. If they don't make them any faster than they do shells, we will probably never see one...
Miles

Post by Miles »

I called Remington today and they said they will have them ready in two months. Grizzly arms are still around making parts but to one answered the phones or return any emails that I sent.
talonxracer
Silent But Deadly

Post by talonxracer »

I wonder if they will offer a left hand only charging handle version, the ambi version just looks like crap with the unused slot on the right side if you want the charging handle located on the left side.
I took an Oath to preserve protect and defend the Constitution, I never took an oath to defend the Govt!!!
Miles

Post by Miles »

Talonxracer

You should look at the ASA upper receiver they are pretty sweet!
velo555
Silent But Deadly

Post by velo555 »

I have the forged LAR OPS-4 ambi upper with a LAR lower and AAC 9" barrel. Still in pistol config. I need to SBR it.

Edit: Wow their website does not work anymore. Didn't know they got bought.

Talon their old catalog has a left side charge receiver.
Victor Lopez
rockrivershooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockrivershooter »

plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

i was watching for them to come into joebob's, as this is the upper i want to build a precision 223 on.

the new price kinda s*cks.

i saw another side charging upper at the local gun and knife show... however it was super bulky and ugly as hell and they still wanted $400+ for it. i'm just being patient and waiting it out. ugh.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
Outsydlooknin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Outsydlooknin »

Build your own, don't be afraid. I took a drill press, and a dremel and made both of my side chargers.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

Outsydlooknin wrote:Build your own, don't be afraid. I took a drill press, and a dremel and made both of my side chargers.
fortunatly for me i'm smart enough to know that its a bad idea.

yea i own a dremel, but by the time i invest in a drill press, get an upper and bcg to work with, damage said upper and bcg while attempting pass the learning curve needed to make it into what i want ... i'll just be better off pony'ing up the $400 for the "new" grizzly upper.

a member of my extended family was going to help me do just that a while back, but he forgot to pull out and ended up making a little monster with his then gf / now wife. unfortunatly she took his balls and locked them in her purse and hasnt let them out since and in the process ostracized him from the rest of the family too. Since he's mad at the world about the whole situation my hopes of having him help me machine my upper right the first time evaporated a few months after she put the wedding ring over his balls.

{edit}

if i had a bunch of spare uppers to play with and a couple BCG laying around that i didnt mind losing one or so of.. i might be more inclined to test it and learn how to convert them. Since it would require me to purchase a new upper & BCG to machine.. and with the price of parts the way they are...
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.