AAC sbr won't cycle supers w/SDN6 (RESOLVED)

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

GLOCKshooter

AAC sbr won't cycle supers w/SDN6 (RESOLVED)

Post by GLOCKshooter »

Upper is factory AAC. Suppressor is AAC SDN-6. Lower is PSA with CMMG build kit, VLTOR stock, JP silent spring. Works fine with subs with and without the can. Works with supers (Barnes black tips) without the can. With the can and supers I get about 50% that don't go fully into battery.

Suggestions?
Last edited by GLOCKshooter on Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Re: AAC sbr won't cycle supers w/SDN6

Post by dellet »

Maybe explain "not going into battery" better or a photo.

Sounds like it is stripping the round from the mag, starting it into the chamber and the bolt just won't close.

Will it close with the forward assist?

Is it hard to extract when it won't chamber?

If that's the case it sounds like an ammo issue, and that does not make sense if it works fine without the suppressor.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Post by A-Game »

^^^

Give details on what malfunctions are happening.
What type of ammo used.
What mags
How far is your brass ejecting? Is it landing a couple feet away or is it throwing it ten feet+?
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

what spring and buffer?
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
GLOCKshooter

Post by GLOCKshooter »

By not going fully into battery I meant that after firing a shot the bolt went back, ejected the brass, traveled forward, stripped the next round off the top of the mag, pushed it into the chamber, but did not go forward far enough to lock up. If I pushed the forward assist, it went the extra bit and worked. If I did not push the forward assist (as the first few times I did not anticipate it happening) the trigger pulled, I heard a "click" not a boom, and nothing else happened. If I pushed the forward assist at this point, it would seat the round fully, but I would have to work the charging handle again to cock the hammer.

As to ammo, I had previously stated it was happening with Barnes black tips. As to spring and buffer, as previously stated it is a JP silent spring.

The GOOD NEWS is that it now works. I lubed the heck out of it, worked the action by hand a bunch, lubed it again, and headed back to the range. I ran it with both types of ammo without the suppressor (no problems just as before). I put the suppressor back on, and lo and behold it ran just fine with supers and subs. I am pretty sure something was dry somewhere and rubbing enough to slow things down. The whole setup is relatively new, and the parts have not really not worn together yet. I will continue to run it "weeping" with CLP as the military recommends for the original platform, and continue to run rounds through it to "break it in" more before making any further adjustments.
MPWfritz

Re: AAC sbr won't cycle supers w/SDN6 (RESOLVED)

Post by MPWfritz »

Previous Discussion here and a Question to the JP Silent Buffer people resulted in a recommendation for the H2 or Heavy Buffer for the AAC MPW for reliable cycle of ALL ammo suppressed or not. SDN6 12.5 I still have not picked one up but would like to someday.

These come in 3 different types and springs so it would help us if you could find out exactly what you are using.